Ch. 4:Is it True

I wanted to be immaculate for this upcoming event, father told me it started at five 5:30 pm. So I still had time to study and be mentally prepared for any judgement that might come my way. For I know being apprehensive is the best way to shield myself from everyone. Being judged is a understatement from what I have experienced and what was to come. It was mentally exhausting having to worry about my dignity being torn apart.

I look at the father clock that was beside the window, it was about four inches taller then me and was stained a very dull brown. You would think something so expensive would be pleasing to the eye, but the only thing that stood out was its silver lining. It was just doing what it was designed for, makes me wonder if the creator really cared about how elaborate it was or did they  just think about it's industrial purpose. In a way the clock was kinda like the people around me, engulfed in riches, yet insipid in heart. 

The current time was 9:16 am, that means I could start on chemistry. I head towards the library, which was on the main floor and make my way towards the staircase and put my hand on the black marble railing, that was so glossy I could see my own reflection. Making my way down the stairs that carried a beige carpet with black edge lining. The center of the vast vestibule was a enormous chandelier with clusters of hanging crystals, in a Archimedean spiral. Finally making it down three flights of stairs, I walk towards the left entrance to the study hall. 

I hear two maids gossiping, behind a bookshelf about stories they heard of my great grandfather and his assassination. Then I hear one of them question if my little brother Nicholas would attempt to do the same, just then my brows furrow and I hold in my breath. I walk over to the two young women, biting my tongue so none of my hostility would show. One of the maids gasp at my presence. While the other just stood their expressionless. "What are your hours?" I ask with a stern voice. The unreadable female replies back, "Why do you care shorty, go and learn your a, b,......"

The other young lady interrupts her companion saying, "Mavi you nitwit! I'm so sorry young master, we both work nine to twelve pm." I look at them both, finally exhaling and tell them to dust the bookshelves in the library. The maiden grabs the woman, who I recall was named Mavi and walks off to a storage room. I didn't realize how fast my heart was racing until they left the area. It oddly bothered me, that those kinds of rumors were spreading about my family. My family are no angels, I knew that, but I could never imagine Nicholas harming me over anything, he couldn't be like mother or father right? Nicholas is way to young and is such an airhead, oh well I shouldn't dwell in such nonsense.

Authors notes: I promise the reader will be interacting with Adam very soon, sorry if you're getting bored with the story. I'm just trying to make sure the reader understands Adam's upbringing and everything he had to go through.