Ch. 21: The Unseen (Special)

Warning: mature language⚠️

Narrator's (POV): All the kings in Somaer gathered up together at a extended table. Everyone sat comfortably, chatting away about how it gave them nostalgia.

"We should have done this sooner. It's been so many years since I've seen you all." King Daness says with excitement.

"Haha, we should have a feast, why are we in your court Mr. Brosnan?" King Howal questions.

"Have patience gentlemen. My son wants to address something to you all. Are you willing to listen?" King Brosnan asked the middle aged men.

They all quiet down once Mayeth enters the room. Mayeth respectfully bows in front of all the kings and introduces himself.

"What a fine young man you are. I'm suprise you don't have a queen." King Nuverin comments, causing Mayeth to let out a long sigh.

"I told my son he should hurry up and find a wife, but he wants to be nosy and get into others affairs." King Brosnan says, making some of the king's laugh.

"Before I get a wife, I want to know this country's agriculture, trading system and people. I must be well rounded so I can be a proper king." Mayeth says with a confident smile.

"Haahaaa, when this boy decides to get married we'll all be in the grave!" King Dallean laughs out, causing a chorus of laughter to fill the room.

"It's not that hard boy. All you do is stand in front of a priest and say some vows." King Goniel tells Mayeth chugging down his glass of wine.

"We shouldn't make assumptions, maybe the boy likes men." King Howal says with a mischievous grin.

"That is a assumption in itself. I don't appreciate your words Mr. Howal." Mayeth says glaring at the king.

"Ohh my,..so serious. Take it as a jest." King Howal replies back.

Mayeth suddenly remembers why he wasn't fond of such gatherings, but he knew he would have to endure the foolishness to get what he wanted.

While the king's bragged about all the good deeds they have done for their kingdoms, Mayeth sits in a chair separate from the group. He takes out a map that was in his satchel and looks at his country. Mayeth glance at the men, he was the reason this meeting came true, yet no one payed any mind to his presence.

 A airy chuckle leaves his lips becoming a fit of laughter. "Haaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaaaahaaa..hahaaa...." 

Everyone grows silent, looking back at the prince in confusion. Mayeth calms down, leaning his head back in his chair.

"Have you lost your mind my boy?" King Brosnan ask his son.

Mayeth didn't really have a explanation for why he burst out laughing the way he did, he guessed it was just the irony of the whole situation.

"Have any of you been to the Mystic Forest?" Mayeth ask the kings, straying away from his father's question.

"Haaahaa, no one is crazy enough to go through that trap." King Dallean states. 

"The weather that surrounds the forest doesn't help. It's not worth it." King Goniel comments.

 All the kings hum in agreement, eventually getting back to drinking and talking. Mayeth raises his eyebrow, all this time they were chatting away about the legacy they have left for this earth, but have they ever truly left the confinement of their kingdom without the assistance of others? Have they ventured off to other lands and discovered the unknown? What is there to brag about? Mayeth knew what he wanted. He will make sure he leaves his mark in history.