Ch. 9:Mother Knows

Warning: mature language⚠️

Adam's (POV): Father gets into the vehicle, he has a dark look in his eyes like someone drained the life out of him, his eyes didn't even reflect the natural light. On the other hand Nicholas was the complete opposite, he looked like he took a bite out of the sun and stole its rays. I was gonna ask father what did Nora and him converse about, but he didn't seem like he was in the mood to chatter, so I let him be.

The car starts to transport us out of the lot that we were currently in and onto the main highway. I look out the window so I wouldn't have to look at my father's dreadful face. There were dandelions and sunflowers in front of a peaceful cornfield. Behind that was a forest with willows, maple, and pine trees, some dead and alive all spread over the vast wilderness. My mind couldn't help, but reminisce on these past days. Things I'll never forget till the day I die. My eye was gouged out by that b*tch and I still have panic-attacks. Even when my mind is not thinking about those events I still get the same agonizing pain. It's almost like I'm reliving the same experience over and over again. The devil truly owned that day.

                                                         ~time skip~

We had finally reached our mansion, but first we had to past our elaborate iron gates. I look at them and scoffed, it looked like something you'd see in a fairytale. It made a joke of my powerful merciless family.

 There was a guard standing beside the gate, the man walks over to a lever that was well hidden behind a tiny spruce tree and pulls it. The gates slowly open causing the metal to make a loud creaking noise. My little brother jumps out of his drowsy state and becomes alert instantly, after hearing the gates open. The driver pulls up to the entrance and parks the car. My heart starts beating rapidly, I was surprisingly excited, that's very rare for me. 

Nicholas quickly takes off his seatbelt and opens the car door, dashing out of the car. I proceed to do same and so does father. When father makes it up some mini steps that led to the entrance, he pauses. Father starts to check his jacket and back pockets. "Sh*t, I forgot the keys." Father says in a frustrating growl. Nicholas chuckles at dad's temper seeing this as a opportunity to play one of his little games. He starts to ring the doorbell a obnoxious number of times. I kinda felt sad for the maids that have been putting up with Nicholas habits.

I hear multiple footsteps running towards the door. "Come on Mavi you're so slow, ughh." "Yeah Mavi, are you trying to get us fired." Unknown voices complained.

'Wait, Mavi, why does it feel like I know that name, hmm?' I question myself.            

"Shut the f*ck up! You guys are not removing four freakin locks, my God." A familiar voice angrily replies.

The door opens revealing the strangers behind the door. 'Oh,..it's the lady who told me to learn my a,b,c's. Hah, what a cute insult.' Mavi gives me a look of disgust, not like I really cared about how she despises me so. When she meets my father's gaze her look falters, I smile in triumph, as I see her attitude change in fear of my father's wrath. Even the maids that were beside her scurry away to their own quarters, not bothering to greet us.

"W-Welcome back m-my lord and young masters." Mavi says while stuttering. I walk pass her with my head up high. I could hear her silently cursing in defeat, but none of that was important to me right now. My goal has been to see Ava, the first day I entered the hospital. I was walking up our staircase to the third floor, where my room was located. When I got their it was really cold compared to the rest of the mansion, probably cause the lack of human warmth kept the room chilly. Everything was exactly the same like the day I left, except for some old pictures of me, that were laid out on my bed. I walk over to the pictures, wondering how did someone get to them? The bigger question is how did they know about them? I hid them in a secret stash that held other personal items of mine, father told me to get rid of the pictures, because he said a real man kills the past to focus on the future, but instead I hid them away. Let's just say a few of the pictures...were precious to me.