Chapter 1 (SNEAK PEEK)

My world was different as a demon. There were no words to what I had felt to describe. Inside, I no longer felt like the weak human with puny bones - but stronger. This was what the life of an immortal life was. Something I never chose but now it had become my destiny.

After the attack on my birthday, Halloween night; the Inferno urged more troops to scout out my house with a guard on all hours on the night. Somehow, I felt like I was a trapped princess in a castle.

Lucas is my boyfriend. My demon hunter-protector-full-blooded- boyfriend. He saved me from a fire. It was dare by my best friends: Sam, Ethan and Collin. When I went up to the house , it was creepily abandoned but when I went near the door; it closed me in, enclosing me like a safe. I passed out with the fire, unknowning that it was Lucas who saved me.

Ever since he came to town, I had been attacked by random hell raisers or bad demons. They wouldn't stop at nothing to kill me. This was led by, I assumed that it was Kevin.

Dr. Kevin my moms sudden boyfriend. He's took the role of harassing me every chance he gets and then being a coward in the end. Plus he's thinks he saves lives but he killed mine.

Things get worse. It was summer, my junior vacation that I realized I could dream in a world in my head but also see ghosts.

My first encounter was with Tau and Omarr; two brothers that were in slavery when they built the Trista inn lead by Tristan White. They were also trying to kill me but never could. Ryder or Lucas saved me, banishing them to the otherside with his demon powers.

After that, I started to see my dad. His life tragically ended with a feud between Dr. Kevin and him. My father got my mom pregnant but died before he ever saw me. So, he started to visit me.

Sam lives with me. Ever since her mother got killed by her mysterious demon father; she's taken refugee at my house. But, I couldn't tell her all of these demon secrets.

Lucas is from the Inferno: a guild full of good demons protecting the world from the hell raisers. With the Inferno, the council of five. This consists of Adlai, Sequioa, Malcolm, Ophelia and Nolan. They all specialized in something different within the Inferno world. 

With everything that had happened, I was named The Chosen One. This person, more specifically me; was something special that was with since I was born.

Not only that, but at my recent stay at the Trista Inn, I connect with something more worse than imagined or ever since in demon eyes. The Darkness. It had claimed me, trancing me to come to it. It was a drug, changing the way I felt. My appetite changed drastically. The little chips I had eaten, made me feel like I eaten hundred of them. But, not only that but my appearance. Thick tattoos masked my body in such a unique way, but it stopped at my stomach. Then, my hair. Instead of my brown, it had changed to black.

Since then, I didn't feel me anymore. I felt like a walking puppet, The Darkness playing me when it wants.

It had been a week since my transformation. Lucas decided against the Inferno taking me; only because he wanted to see how my new demon self would act with the world. But I know plan B.

Living in the Inferno.

Lucas would also move in too but I was worried about mom. I had to break them up. Somehow.

Today was a Friday, after a lot of school and homework; I sat down on the couch exhausted. I hadn't felt the effects if the change lately. Everything seemed much different as I slept and ate. It was like my brain got a make over. 

I turned on the tv, only to come across to the news. 

"Today, we have astonishing news, folks. Archaeologist Micah Cambridge has discovered bodies of skeletons underneath the library. " She reported as Micah came on the screen. He appeared to be young with skill up his sleeve.  As he looked at the camera, his blonde hair covered his eyes, camouflaging his green pupils. Why did he seem so, unique?