Chapter 9

After awhile, Lucas sought me to get up and get the day started. With some encouragement, he waited for me to get dressed and gather a notebook for notes. With a heavy mind, I placed the notebook in my messenger bag and placed it around my shoulder.

"Ready?" He asked as I approached the door.

"Yeah." I nodded as we exited and I locked the door behind me. Lucas had an extra key with him for my sake. That truly was a great move on his part this morning. Who would have found me then?

Lucas lead me down the winding halls to the first class on our agendas. Legends and Myths. As we walked in, Demon statues covered the wall as well paintings that made my blood shiver within me.

He found a place in the back of the classroom as four people joined us. "Dude! You're back!" A boy with black hair gazed at us, his eyes shining gold. "Lucas it has been some time."

The girl besides me nodded. "Yes!" They changed my attention to me. "Who's she?"

"My girlfriend. Ellie Franklin." He glanced at me then to his friends. "Meet Davina, Kieran, Celeste and Griffin." They smiled at me and it struck me they all had brown hair but different eyes. Though, I noted a difference between them all. Davina had dark brown eyes that were similar to her hair. Kieran had almost black hair but light green eyes. Celeste had lighter brown hair but almost light brown eyes. Lastly, Griffin had golden eyes and they seem to sparkle at me.

"Hi." I greeted them shyly. They returned smiles back.

"So, you really are The Chosen One?" Celeste asked me, but looked to Lucas.

I nodded, finding myself hear my heart speed up even faster. I bet you they could hear it. "Yes."

Davina smiled, placing a hand on my arm. Her touch was comforting and I felt my heart slow down. I looked at her. "How did you do that?"

She shrugged. "Many Demons have different kinds of power. I've been a nurse for over three hundred years and I also help out in the Infirmary. "

Besides Lucas, Kieran chuckled. "Dav, don't scare her. She's new here. I don't think she wants to hear in details the night your parents died."

Davinas eyes changed abruptly to a deep, dark gold. "They were murdered by hell-raisers." She replied to him darkly. "You know, if izzy was here, she wouldn't have brought it up." She turned her back to us as an ooo exited out of Griffins mouth. Lucas spared him a glance then kept his eyes to me.

"They'll accept you. " he whispered quietly. "All in due time." He stroked his thumb along the curve of my wrist and smiled. My heart skipped a beat as a teacher walked into the room.

Her hair was silver and her smile was soft. She smiled at all of us. "Good morning, class. How was everyones' evening?"

The class nodded.

"I see we have a new student amongst us. Miss. Franklin." Her eyes peered around the room searching for me. "Ellie, I presume."

I gulped as all eyes went to me. Most were silver as they gazed at me with curiosity.

"Yes." I musered the courage to speak in front of the class, but my heart was trembling like an earthquake in my chest. "I-I'm Ellie." I stuttered.

The class immeadily clapped at my introduction and I have a short glance. "Bow." He told me hushed and I did as I was told. When I came back up, gold and silver eyes greeted me.

"You are welcomed, Ellie Franklin. Let the Demons guide you to the right path here in the Inferno." Her heels clicked back to her desk up to the front. "You may sit down."