Chapter 12

I cried the whole day away, better yet all of my tears and the water in my body. I could have been certain that I cried a river the following hour Lucas came by and visted me.

"We need a plan. Something to stop the hellraisers from gaining the upper hand." I rubbed a tired, weary hand on my forehead. "I mean...what if Dr. Kevin does something drastic? What if he trys to kill Sam?"

He shook his head, holding me close. "I won't let that happen." He promised.

I shuddered before taking in a deep breath. "It's in less than four days."

Isabel entered in, shutting the door behind her. "Well, good news. I managed to get us a car to get out of here."

"We can both drive." I added to her as she gave us a knowing smile.

"I meant Gavin." Following her arrival, Gavin entered looking solemn.

"Hello. Isabel told me about your plan." He gave a smile. "And, I'm all for it."

Lucas nodded. "Good. We leave in two days."

Isabel clapped her hands together before nodding. "I'll be happy to help. Dr. Kevin deserves hell."

He did deserve hell. After what he had pt me through, he proboaly deserved even more.

"What if he tries to kill mom?" I asked, my voice quiet and shaky.

Isabel tilted her head, twisting her crescent moon necklace around her fingers in estranged loops. "There's only one way to Find out."

Lucas grinned and I had a feeling that this plan was going to be dangerous. "We leave tomorrow. " he declared.

I blinked , trying to stay calm. "Ok...as long as we live through this."

Lucas gripped my hand. "Always." He kissed my forehead with lingering lips before looking back at Isabel.

"We should get a car." He told her, as he slowly helped my lay down on the comfy pillow. I glanced up at him, watching as he drifted to the door like a leaf in the wind. "And I'll be back. Just go to sleep." He told me softly before he left with Isabel.

I groaned and grasped my phone with a heavy hand. On the bright screen, was a picture of the bridesmaid dress I was going to wear. The dress was red, almost like a gown of blood. My heart clenched, pounding with the fear of every beat. It went past my ankles, onto the floor of that mannequin It was on. The dress had thick straps that sat on my shoulders with a low V line.

Was Dr. Kevin making us sluts?, I asked myself as I disgustedly put the phone down and pulled up the blankets over my shaking body.

As if life could get any worst, Allory appeared to me. Her smile was short lived as she kneeled at the end of my bed.

"I heard you were going back home." She said.

"How do you know that?"

"Ghosts talk. " she answered simply, fixing her hair.

"The wedding is in a few days and it took Lucas and Isabel to make us go early. I don't understand why." I shrugged, glancing at my upside phone.

"Well, maybe it's for the best."

"Ghosts respond." I eyes her as she gave a slight smile.

"I met your father." Her face fell. "I'm sorry."

I hung my head, looking at my sky blue sheets. "I miss him and now mom is trying to insist on a new boyfriend but I swear that she is out of control. " I shuddered, remembering the kiss they shared - the one that froze my bones and melted my blood.