Chapter 7

I registered pain before anything else came rational to my head. It was like I was struck by pain and my body disregarded it.

I must have blacked out briefly because when I opened my eyes again, Lucas stared down at me. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead when I saw his hands above my chest, healing it ever so softly; like a blanket over me.

A wave of sudden relief coursed through me but I knew this was just the beginning of hell. If it was true to what Kevin had said...then I was a hell-raiser. A truly evil one indeed but there had to be some good to come out of this.

"You are coming home to me. I don't trust what happens in your house. I know that you don't want to leave home but what about we try a week in our house then, we might have to relocate to the Inferno." He spoke slowly, as if not trying to upset me.

"I know. I know."I croaked as I struggled to breathe. It felt like something blocked my lungs from working. I put my pale hand on his as he picked me up and placed me in the front seat in his car.

"This has been bugging me but we need to see what's going on with you. I'm scared if I don't know, then it will be too late." He turned the engine over and we flew out of the school.

I took labored breaths as we went to our neighborhood but I was drifting away slowly and I couldn't understand it. Slowly, I could feel my body start to shut down.

Next thing I knew, I was laid down on something soft and briefly felt the poking of needles pierce my skin.

"Lucas..." I said weakly.

He clenched my hand, shouting for his father. "Ellie...don't drift. You need to stay awake. Just for a short time. My father needs a sample of your blood."

His words spun in my head like mush as I looked up at him, blinking repeatedly.

"It's almost over and...done!" Two blurry figures were at my vision as I let the darkness capture me.

*********

An hour, two days, a week. Time seem to slip by as i was in this wonderful cascade of darkness.

Soon, I open my eyes. I felt like I had done it many times before and hated that I was used to feeling bad to consciousness.

I heard my name softly like an Angels voice whispering in my ear.

"Ellie." It said.

"Lucas..." I whispered. He gave a smile to me as he kissed my sweaty lips. "W-what happened?" My voice was still quiet as if speaking would break the imagery glass.

"Ellie, new demons shouldn't have exposure to anything gold. " he started out, gripping my hand as if it would break beneath his fingers. "The gold found by the originally demons...they weren't pleased by what they found. They thought the gold was a hoax, so the leader Braden called out to the Gods out of anger and confusion. Usually, they would just appear by the witch Sheila or so the legend says but a lighting bolt came and struck the gold and silver in between. This created a rift with the gold that they now wanted. They thought that it was super powered but when they touched it..." He glanced down at me and gave a heavy sigh. "I'm sorry."

My other hand went to where the stake had collided with me. I felt nothing but a thin line of a forming scar. I had the worst luck and now two scars marked for life on my body.Gavin appeared in the room, a stern look on his face. Something inside of me sped up. I had a feeling this was going to be about me. Heck, it always was.

"I think she should go to the Inferno. Shes been a Demon less then 2 weeks and this is her second time stabbed by a stake. A gold one!" He argued against Lucas who moved away from me and faced his father.