Chapter 3 (SURPRISE!)

When I woke up, my back ached unlike anything I had encountered before. It was strange as I stretched my arms up. The bark from the tree dug into my back as it got up and yawned. My hands frantically search for my phone but it was not found. I was left with empty pockets and no food. I trudged forward onto my journey and then suddenly stop.

A chilly air kissed my bare skin as I whipped my head around. There, leaning against a tree was Collin but not only that, he was kissing a girl strong and deeply. His hands went wildly around her waist and her back. I gulped, stepping back hoping I was not seen; but I was.

"Ah, Ellie. What a pleasant surprise." The red haired girl stayed by his side, her eyes a white glaze. "This is Avielle. Meet Ellie, a new Demon in this Immortal World." He introduced as the girl stepped closer, her small blue dress trailed behind her as we were face to face with me.

"Collin? Why are here with this...girl?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

He laughed , following behind her. His eyes turned coal black. It was like a yin and yang facing me. I could just imagine what another death would be like.

"She's my girlfriend, L." He came closer, as I felt his breath mingle with mine. I took a step back even further and my back pressed into a tree. I gulped, watching as Avielle stepped before me. She stood strong, yet delicate as a flower but it was never right to judge a book by its cover.

She struck me first, a punch connecting with my stomach. Pain circled around my lower stomach, as I collapsed to the ground; shocked by the size of strength that she had possessed. I coughed as she started to go for another attack, but I quickly blocked it. Colin stood still, only raising an eyebrow as he watched his sudden, random fight.

I got up, kicking her stomach but it didn't cause anything to her. A gasp was let out of my mouth, as she punched the side of head. Stars exploded violently in my vision as something sharp seem to enter my stomach.

I heard a shrill scream around me, not entirely realizing it was me. I was left trembling on the ground, tears stuck in my eyes as blood pooled around me. A silver stake was in deep, only for me to see the clear black handle.

"Why?" I rasped, watching as they came closer; looking down at me from above.

"Alittle warning to my fellow Demon. You're not allowed to leave Trista; otherwise you ll be expecting death. " He snapped his fingers and soon, I was alone shivering with the morning cold air. Tear followed down my cheeks. I had to have been an idiot travelling alone without Lucas or the Inferno. I glanced down at my wound that covered in my hand in a fresh pain of scarlet blood. I groaned, forcing all my strength to take it out but it was impossible to get a grip on it.

A twig snapped close to me and I shut my eyes, fearing for pain and a permanent death but it never came. I opened my eyes to a concerned Lucas. One hand was on my sweat covered forehead and the other onto of my hand that covered stake. My stomach felt truly numb, almost like my stomach never existed it.

"I'm here." He whispered softly as his hand tightened around the stake. His face twisted slightly but it was clear he didn't want to show that he was affected by a silver stake; espatically since he wasn't the one stabbed with it.

Lucas gave a light smile, though I felt his pain. Truly watching him made me cringe. I was sending him all this pain, but pain I couldn't control.

"Lucas. It hurts." My voice shaky and low. I was unsure he heard me, bus his hand tightened around the stake. His face leaned into me.

"It's ok. It will be all over." His voice was quiet as he slowly began to take the stake out. I gripped onto his hand, holding in a scream of pain. "Almost out." He told me reassuringly as my stomach started to feel again. I watched as he rested his hand on my stomach, a light coming from his hands.