Chapter 11

Over the next week of school in the Inferno was abousely amazing. Everyday, I looked foward to the Demon legends. That's what held me to the classes but also the fact that Lucas was by my side every second.

Isabel had disappeared in the short week we had saw her, and by checking in was making her vanish. Yet, she snuck in my room every few nights to check on me.

Sometime during the lesson of a war, a buzzing took place into my ear. Davina glanced back at me before looking back the Professor speaking in a monotone voice.

I groaned as the air grew brisk. "Not now." I muttered quietly. Allory appeared to me, with a frantic face.

"Yes, now! The waterfall." Her voice sounded faded - or was that just me? "Ellie, can't you hear the waterfall sing?"

Then, I heard the loud, roaring sound of the water enter my ears. My hands went up to my ear to try to limit the strange, beating noise. I closed my eyes briefly, hoping to God that it would stop but it came like a storm.

"Ellie? Ellie?" Lucas talked to me, his hand on my shoulder, taking me consciously out of the history room and to the empty hallways. A headache seem to form on the inside of my head.

Then, the oddest thing happened: the hallway went dark but I was still awake. But, there something also not normal about them ether. Ghostly figures donned the hallways on both sides talking amongst themselves. With Lucas trying to gather my attention, get me to speak.

"Lucas! Make them go away!" I screeched, my knees buckling under me.

Warm arms came around me and picked me off of the dark floor.

"Waterfall..." Voices sung around me in a harmonious tone. "Waterfall."

"Waterfall." I repeated back to them as in unison they bowed their heads. Somewhere in my vision, another figure brought its presence.

"Whats wrong with her? Is she ok?" The figure asked, leaning in closer to me.

"I dont know." The last voice I heard before the world went silent.

*********

Mina swiiirrled around the darkness of the dream, as with Ted next to her. The ghosts behind them sang a haunting tune as they surrounded me in a tight circle.

"Elizabeth Franklin." The ghosts chanted amougst each other, raising their linked hands in the air.

I gulped, trying to contain the absent fear running wildly in my veins. "What do you want from me!?" I shouted miserable. Pain shot up my body as tattoo's embraced me in a comforting hug.

"You are the will of the Darkness." Mina said as she stepped foward into the circle as I sat on my knees. "You have some extraordinary powers. " She chuckled lightly. "Also, what about your family's wedding?"

I glanced below at the thick tattoo's that swirlled around me on my arms, neck and stomach - but still not below my legs. "W-what about Lucas?" I shuddered, my body shaking with nervous and cold sweat. "H-How do I tell me protecter and boyfriend hat I hold this dark gift?" I shivered. " T-The wedding is still going on?"

"Yes, Chosen One. Dr. Kevin has swore his love for Miranda. " Mina bowed her head and placed her hand on my head. "All in due time, Ellie. You'll know the right time to do it. "

I squeezed my eyes shut before the dream drifted away.

"You don't think I know where you have been?" My eyes opened in silt to Derek looking down at me. His eyes glimmered but he tilited his head.