Chapter 5

With great worry, Lucas and I headed over to the library. News people from all over the area came to witness this discovery.

When I parked the car, we were faced with police blocking our path along with pedestrian. Shouting and protests were heard as we neared them. In the distance, we saw the evacuation site.

The skeletons seem to stick out to me, like they wanted to be discover. I shivered as Lucas and I pushed through the crowds. We were met with the police, who grabbed us forcefully.

Inside of me, The Darkness brewed and fizzed. It wanted to be released.

"You are under arrest." The gruffly police officer who grasped me forcefully said. Lucas gave me long as they clasped handcuffs behind our backs. We were led inside of the library, and to the back. The guy holding Lucas bowed his head before hell broke loose.

With ravenous strength, he ripped through the chains of the handcuffs and broke free. He proceeded to attack the officer that held him.

"You are not police officers." He growled, his eyes a deep gold. He struck it in the chest with a gold stake and tossed him aside like a piece of trash.

"Ellie!" The police officer behind me gripped me close to his menacingly cold body. A silver object was placed by my throat, the tip an opening for pain. His other hand grabbed the chain that held my hands together.

"Let me go!" I hissed, walling my arms trying to break free. The demon nails dug into my flesh, causing me to bite my lip.

I would not cry. No, I will not cry.

Ahead of me, Lucas was wild like an animal, trying to get the hell raiser off of me. The stake was pressed into the tip of my throat and I gasped at the sharpness of pain I received. It still hurt.

From behind, I hear a grunt from Lucas then the hell-raiser throws me into the nearest book shelf. The shelf comes down with me on top of it, my hands tangled beneath me. I feared death as he walked towards me.

In not time, he stands before me holding the stake that shone gold in the light.

"Stay goodnight." He growls before Lucas stabs him in the back. His body collapses backward as Lucas gets the keys from his belt then towards me.

When he kneels by me, I shake with fear and uneasiness. His warm hands searches for my cuff ones. It only takes seconds before I realize there off. I lay there on my side, pain fluttering through my body and head. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a tiny concussion.

Lucas arms wrap around my body, bringing me close to him. Fear had nestled up inside of me. I could just feel the blood that seemed through the hell-raisers chest. I looked away and buried my head in Lucas' chest.

His hands moved smoothly across my back, trying to calm me down.

"You are safe." He reassured me quietly. The pain went away slowly, and I couldn't even feel the pain that I felt in my neck.

"Lucas...those police officers-." He cut me off, wanting me to calm down.

"Hell-raisers. I think that this is just beginning." His voice was firm and strong, something that I could never do.

"Yeah." I agreed hushed, as I gripped him tighter. I couldn't control the shaking my hands as we sat on top of the fallen bookshelf. He helped me up just as Kyra ran towards us. I stayed close him, watching her give a smile.

"Lucas Radly. " she stated curiously, a smirk traveling onto her face. I didn't understand who she was but somehow she was connected to Lucas and maybe the Inferno.