Chapter 8

Ophelia came by two hours later like promised. Her red hair seem to mimic fresh fallen blood that perfectly wrapped around her head. I shivered at the thought.

"Ellie, I'm here to give you the tour." She looked to Lucas and Gavin. "Alone." She stated as she she gestured me out of the door, leading me down the endless hall of dorm rooms that painted the halls. I had never seen so many doors and twice as many students go past us.

"So, what brought you to the Inferno?" She curled her red hair within her pointer finger and twisted to create a small forming curl.

"Um..." I cleared my throat. "Lucas admitted me to the idea. He told me that I should embrace my Demon then hide it without the mortal world." It wasn't exactly a lie but it wasn't exactly the truth either. It was true that The Darkness had a big pull on me but as it was, I had to be hushed about it. For all I know, it could lead to my death.

"Ah." She glanced back at me with a smile. "You know what you follow, The Chosen One. I've seen you at our mascuraede. You seemed shaken by the supernatural. " she observed as her heel clicked on the floor abruptly and turned to me, halted on the floor. "What makes it more interesting is that you screamed at Ceaser."

"I-I can explain." My hands shook at the thought of that dark blurb following me here at the Inferno. "I was in pain." To make it believable, I clutched my stomach. "Here."

She raised her eyebrows curiously, her eyes locked on me. "And that lead you to scream."

I nodded; confirming my lie. I just hoped my heart stayed silent enough to make sure that it was just the same and no less. "Yes."

She paused briefly, her red dress similar to Mina's flowed behind her. I thought I was seeing double but I put on a weak smile. "When does the tour start?" I demanded trying to push away that topic.

She cleared her throat before returning in front of me. "Now." We passed a library, as that was the archives within the Inferno.
"Our library contains ten thousand or more books over the many years of its existence." She peered in through the windows. "All the students have homework about the Immortal war but it's not like a mortal school. We train you to fight for you're life rather then you pride or popularity."

I stopped hesitantly, watching and observing the students that held their faces in books with paper scattered all around them. "Where to next?"

"The training room." I hurried along until we were met with gym doors. On the side there were lockers room side by side one another. "The changing rooms and here is the gym." She led me inside to see fights against the students.

"And down the hall is your education on Demon history." We didn't even bother going down that hall, but I figured she had a reason why.

We stopped for a few minutes then continued our tour to the dining hall, where the masquerade was held them to the courtyards, which was the end of the tour. I was surprised on how big the Inferno was but little rooms.

"And here we are. Your dorm. Classes start tomorrow at 8am to 3pm. The council made sure to pair you with Lucas as he your protector. " she paused, pulling out the schedule from her folder that appears suddenly. "Lastly, the waterfall is off limits to all students."

I froze at the sudden change of her voice when she mentioned the waterfall. I didn't even there was one around the Inferno. "Ok then." With a quick thought, I raced back into my dorm with Lucas and Gavin. They had been waiting for me the whole time.

"How was it?" Gavin asked as Lucas got up and embraced me in warmth of goodness.

I shrugged, keeping my eyes on the ground below my feet that was carpeted and clean. "I guess good but I still don't know my way around."