Chapter 13

That night, was sleepless as ever. I rolled around so much, I woke up Lucas.

"Hey, are you ok?" He whispered, his eyes finding mine in the pitch dark.

In the background, we heard the soft sounds of breathing of Isabel. She had taken room in the living room on the couch. "Can't sleep." My eyes find the digital clock. It had just blinked midnight.

He wrapped his arms around me, trying to get me warm and comfortable. "Nightmares?"

I shook my head. "Thoughts." I answered truthfully.

"Are you scared for tomorrow? To see your mom?"

"Yeah...mostly Dr. Kevin. " I said hushed. "I have a bad feeling about the wedding. This isn't fitting with me at all. "

He touched my sweaty hair, then went to my cheek. "You won't do it alone."

I placed my hands over his, resting on my cheek. "Ok." I gave in with a long exhale. "I just want tomorrow to come so we can just get there."

He nodded, pulling me against him. "I'll drive if you guys don't want too. "

"That would be the best." I told him, remembering the day I had received my license. Mom and I went out my favorite restaurant, Ackles and ate from the 8.99 buffet. For dessert, we had ice cream cake from the towns grocery and had that til there was no more. Those times were so much easier and better acknowledged than this time of hell.

"I wonder what Collin will think of us. That we're back in town." He winked.

My reaction opposite to his. "No. He'll welcome us with bloodshed. "

Lucas winced before taking his gaze back to me. "You shouldn't worry yourself." He squeezed my hand gently. "I've seen your anxiety attacks....and they stun you."

"Thats not the only that will." I answered back, not realzing the tone of my voice. I didnt look at him, watching the darkness stay still in the room while Isabel's calming breaths filled the extra silence. "Im sorry." I whispered.

He pulled me closer, unable to let me go even though we were together. "No, its ok. Alot of things has changed and you deserve to be mad at the world. I know I am. To be fair, I wanted to turn you into a demon when you were ready and able to handle the Immortal War but..."

"It didn't happen that way." My voice cracked as I leaned against him, hearing his heart pound against my ear. "I wish my life would be better. "

"It can be. "

"How?"

He touched my dark hair and kissed me. "If you are positive that later in life - this will all pay off."

******
The next morning, I struggled to get up. Not only was I afraid but scared to go back to the town that had originally killed me. Every part of me felt like this was a trap set by and devised by Dr. Kevin. The wanabe doctor who somehow won over my mother's heart.

"You ready?" Licas asked as he travelled to the door with my few suitcases. I glanced around my dorm room, mirrioring my room back at home without the kitchen and living room and prove bathroom part. I had to agree that this had come to be my home in the two weeks that I stayed here and going to stay in. I just hoped I'd come back. All of my extra stuff was ethier in the dresser pr the drawers.

I nodded. "Yeah. " My eyes scanned the room one last time before I shut the door on it. I followed Lucas to the car that we had somehow gotten but it was no suprise Gavin was going to be driving.

Gavin wore a plaid shirt, but a small bear had grown on his chin. His heart pounded nervously as we loaded into the van before he took off. "Ellie. You ready to go home?"