Minho (fluff) | Last Gift

Minho's alarm rang right next to his ear causing him to stir awake from his state of deep unconsciousness. Minho rubbed his eyes and looked to his right to see the spot next to him surprisingly empty. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at the time. 7:02 am. He looked back at the empty spot and wondered why his newly wedded wife was awake this early. As Minho threw his head back on the pillow, the events from last night flashed in front of his eyes and a small smile crept on his lips unknowingly.

Minho had gotten married yesterday. It was an arranged marriage. It was a super fresh start for both of their lives. It was a very contrasting pair though. Minho is the loud and energetic ball of fluff whereas his wife is shy. She's reserved and very quiet. Of course they have talked here and there before their marriage and the girl had no objections with this marriage, but she was naturally kept to herself. Minho didn't mind this trait of hers, however he did intend to make her feel comfortable around him, enough to break her out of her shell, but just enough so he can catch her whilst she rests comfortably in her natural state of mind.

Minho pushed his duvet aside and waddled towards the bathroom to get ready. After a short refreshing shower, he changed into blue jeans and a white shirt. Minho ruffled his damp hair and skipped downstairs. When Minho reached the bottom of the staircase and turned around the corner, you and Minho spotted each other which caused you to halt while you were setting the table for breakfast as you had sensed Minho was awake by the noise of water running in the bathroom. A silence that seemed awkward for you crept up in between and shivers ran along your senses at your heightening anxiety.

Minho sensed your anxiety and passed you a smile to ease off your nervousness. You replied back with a slight smile and placed the bowl of ramen on the table. "Breakfast is ready" you softly told Minho and he nodded his head. "You didn't have to wake up so early and prepare all this, you should have rested. I had already planned to wake up early and prepare breakfast" Minho took a seat on the chair as he spoke. "You don't have work today?" You blurted out a question that sounded dumb to you the very next second. You mentally slapped yourself for sounding so dumb to your husband the very next day of your wedding. Minho chuckled before replying, "I took a few days off to spend time with you. Now sit down, let's have breakfast" Minho pulled your chair back and waved for you to take a seat acting like a gentleman- that he seemed to be- and you couldn't help but crack a smile at his gesture before you took a seat.

Minho and you ate in silence that grew less awkward by the second. Minho was starting all the conversations and you were internally grateful for that because it kept mild talks between you two going for a while before your lack of responses would bury the topic deep down. Your insecurities and anxiousness were playing games with you and you hated yourself for it. You wanted to start a conversation by yourself and actually keep it going but you couldn't get yourself to do it. By the end of breakfast you realized Minho was not the type to force you to ease up nor was he going to get hurt over this and you seemed to relax a bit in your skin. Maybe you could give Minho and yourself a chance, maybe letting him in sooner than you had imagined.

Days went on and you only seemed to grow more conflicted with your heart and mind. Your heart wanted you to open up and let Minho in, but your mind reminded you of your insecurities and all the heartbreaks you had received from the world after you tried to show your true colors. No wonder you had grown so quiet and shut off.

Somehow you were convinced that Minho is not like the others. You firmly believe on the statement 'actions speak louder than words' and Minho's actions spoke volume to you. You noticed how Minho tried to wake up earlier than you so he can offer you breakfast in bed, how he'd try to cook your favorite food once in a while even though he may not be perfect at it, how he'd be very gentle with you, how he'd silently ask your permission before he held your hand for the first few times, how he'd crack silly meaningless jokes just so he can see you smile, how his eyes would light up when you would maintain eye contact, how he'd compliment you in every sincere way possible, how he'd be extra smiley around you- his friends weren't wrong when they said his smile is infectious- yet, your mind still seemed to convince you that Minho will leave someday when he finds out the real you and the thought of that made your skin jump. Maybe he's just being nice because this is the start of a fresh wedding and everything seems like cupcakes and rainbows to him; but deep down you didn't want to believe that.