Chapter 28

***strong language

Cheryl's POV

~3 years later~

I was sat with Toni in our living room. We had been living in our own house for three years. It felt unreal. It felt like only yesterday we were talking of a future together, kids, marriage and so on. We were thinking of getting kids after we get married, or when we were 25. We had decided that if one of us were to carry a child it would be me. Toni admitted that she wouldn't be able to cope.

"Baby, we should probably get ready." I said.

"Good thinking, Bombshell." Toni answered. I kissed her cheek as I got up.

It was Valentine's day. I had something very special planned for Toni. I had mixed emotions. I was nervous and excited at the same time, but I was ready to surprise my girlfriend. We were going out for a meal, but little did she know that I had a secret hidden up my sleeve.

Toni's POV

We were getting ready for the meal. I was waiting for Cheryl to finish off doing her makeup. I had always been the quicker one at getting ready for dates. I would always love to tease Cheryl about it.

"Could you be any slower?" I yelled to Cheryl, who was across the hall and in the bathroom.

"Just one more second." She answered. "Okay, I'm done."

"Ha-" I stopped mid sentence as I turned to face my girlfriend. "Absolutely fucking gorgeous. No surprise." I stated. I saw Cheryl blush slightly.

"You look amazing too."

"Oh yeah?" I replied, pulling her in for a short kiss.

"Lets get moving. Don't want to be late for the reservation." Cheryl said as we left.

~at the resturant~

We had just gotten our meals. It was a lovely restaurant. It wasn't too busy. There were some people. There wasn't too much noise. It was peaceful. The lighting was nice, it helped set a romantic mood. We had fortune cookies with our food, for some fun. I picked up a fortune cookie.

"One each?" I asked.

"Sure." Cheryl joined me in picking up a cookie. I opened mine.

"You will die loved and happy." I read out loud. "As long as you are in my life then yes I will." I smiled at my girlfriend. "What does yours say?" I asked.

"You will have two kids and a healthy relationship with your..." Cheryl started giggling uncontrollably.

"What?" I questioned her.

"It says husband. That's hilarious! I couldn't ever imagine having a husband. Ewww!" Cheryl exclaimed. I joined in on the laughter. My stomach started to hurt.

"I guess this will burn some off the calories I'll consume from this food." I said. Cheryl nodded as her laughter eased.

"Happy Valentine's day, babe." I looked at Cheryl. She put her hand on top of mine for a moment.

"Happy Valentine's day."

We continued to eat our food. We talked. We laughed. It was everything I could have wanted.

Cheryl's POV

Toni looked down at her phone for a moment because it vibrated. I gave the waiter a nodd. Music started playing. Toni looked up rather suddenly. She stared at me.

"That's our song!" She said.

"Oh, yeah." I acted surprised. I couldn't tell if Toni knew that I was lying, so I assumed she bought it.

"No doubts, no more fears." Toni sang along. I smiled as I listened to her angelic voice.

"We still have a fortune cookie left. You can have it." I said.

"No, you have it." She replied.

"I'm alright. I've had enough of them." I answered. I hoped that she would have it.

"Okay then." She answered as she picked it up. Now was the moment. I reached in to my bag quickly and pulled out a box. Toni started to open it up. I kneeled on the floor. I saw shock grow on Toni's face as she looked at the paper.

"Will you marry me?" Toni read. She looked confused. I could tell she thought it was just another cookie. That was until her vision met mine. She stared at me, tears collecting in her eyes.

"Welll...Will you?" I asked, tears forming in mine too. I could feel the whole restaurant staring at us.

"What?" I don't think Toni could process it. She rubbed her eyes as if she thought she was dreaming.

"Toni Topaz, will you marry me?" I clarified. My knee was hurting a little bit, but I pushed through the pain for her.

"Yes! Yes! Absolutely!" Toni stood me up and pulled me in to a kiss, not giving me a chance to put the ring on her finger. I could hear clapping from the people around us. Toni pulled away. I caught a few tears on her face with my thumb and she did the same to me.

"Oh my god! The ring is beautiful! And a perfect fit." Toni stated as I put it on her finger, the excitement overwhelming her.

"It was my Nana's! She gave it to me years ago and said to save it for someone special, and well, here we are." The excitement was getting to me too. I could hardly talk. Toni kissed me again. It was a memory I would cherish for the rest of my life. Best valnetines day ever.

~next morning~

I rubbed my eyes. My arms were wrapped around Toni. I didn't think she was awake, but then she flipped over to face me. I kissed her forehead.

"Good morning, future Mrs Blossom." I stated.

"No way." Toni tried to wrestle me. My face filled with confusion as she pinned me to the bed. "How about Blossom-Topaz?" She asked, with the cute face that I can hardly ever say no to.

"I guess we will have to see." I joked. In one swift motion, I pulled Toni down and swapped our positions.

"You look beautiful, future wife." Toni said. I always want to disagree with her, because I feel like I'm a mess in the morning, but I stopped myself this time.

"I guess you are no longer my girlfriend." I stated.

"Wait what?" Toni was partially panicking. I think she was still half asleep. "Ohhhh...right...I get it and I guess you are no longer mine." Toni laughed. I couldn't believe I would be marrying this incredible woman.

The end

Authors note:

Thanks to everyone who stuck around with this book and to everyone who commented and voted. It was really appreciated! Just want to say, I've never had fortune cookies before so if that part is weird and not realistic then sorry. But just let it slide because I thought this was kinda cute. Anyway, this is a goodbye from this book, so check out my one shot book which will be getting updated until my next Choni book comes out.
x