1.

Lottie

"You got me some type of way, ain't used to feelin' this way," I hummed along to the radio, while my car bumped a little going over the infamous Wickery bridge. My eyes diverted momentarily to a sign that read, 'Welcome to Mystic Falls'.

How obnoxious? I couldn't help but scoff.

Over the last few weeks, I had been tracking down exactly where Damon and Stefan were. Ironically they reside in a mansion called the 'Salvatore Boarding House'. All I know, is that it has something to do with an ancestor. I didn't look too far into it. It was completely irrelevant.

Knowing where I needed to go made the trip through town quite easy. When I pulled up to a rather large yet old building, I knew I had finally arrived. Jumping out of the car, I walked around and grabbed my three suitcases and single backpack.

Walking up to the door, I dropped all of them to push it open. Taking a few steps in, I looked around, seeing that the interior decor was equally as beautiful and antique as the outside. My ears almost perked up at the sound of a heartbeat and slight cough.

Turning to my right, I see a group of people sitting around a coffee table, all eyes on me. Spotting my two sole reasons of existence amongst them, my smile widened and my arms opened as I saw them almost staggering over each other to get to me.

"Lottie!" Stefan exclaimed, reaching me first.

He instantly stuffed my head into his chest, wrapping his arms around me in some kind of death grip. When he let go, I was met with Damon's smirk.

"Don't look at me like that," I teased, "Come here, loser."

After engulfing them both in a hug, they turned to address the very confused crowd of people.

"Everyone, this is our friend Lottie. She is like our little sister. Donovan, if you don't close your mouth-"

Before Damon could continue, I stepped out from under his arm that was slung over my shoulders. I head towards everyone to greet them. They all stood as I approached.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you," I said to the first girl, who had striking blue eyes and gorgeous blonde hair.

"I'm Caroline. Let me tell you, you are an absolute stunner," She said, making it very obvious that she was checking me out.

"Takes one to know one," I winked.

After hugging everyone and introducing everyone, well almost everyone. I grew very confused. Before me stood a girl with brown hair, brown eyes, who was tall and skinny.

"So here's the thing. You look like Katherine but your heart is beating," I said, inspecting her in every aspect I could by circling her. Two hands gripped my shoulders, stopping my menacing pace.

"You're correct Lot, this isn't Katherine. This is Elena. She is nothing like Katherine, so I would like if you didn't scare her off," Stefan said. I could almost imagine the grimace on his face.

"I'm very confused. Is she a doppelgänger?" I questioned.

"Ding ding ding, we have a winner!" I heard Damon tease.

"Oh shut it. Why don't you be a darling and go collect my bags. I saw a bar on my way through town, how about we hit it up to celebrate my arrival?" I offered, speaking to everyone.

"Count me out, Alaric wants me home so he can help me finish some assignment," Jeremy, I believe, said.

"Everyone else in?" I asked. Everyone seemed to nod or mutter a 'why not?'.