6.

Lottie

After making up with Damon and apologising to Elena, I found myself sitting in a booth at the Mystic Grill with the scooby gang.

"Lottie, you've been downing them bourbons like tic tacs. Are you okay?" Caroline asked, looking at me with a piercing gaze.

"Oh, you know, I'm pretty sure Mother Mikaelson has made yet another miraculous return and is boiling up some curse to do with the moon," I said, swirling my drink, watching as the ice went round in circles before taking a sip.

"So your visit has been extended?" Damon asked, clearly trying to irk me.

"Shut your smart ass up," I warned before saying, "-I was with Elijah today. Very few times have I seen him so rattled. Of course the noble almighty brother tried his best to hide it, but I know him as well as I know Stefan and Damon. The only other time I've seen him like this, is when Mikael was around. When Elijah is walking around on tiptoes, you know something is going to happen," I added, glancing up at Caroline.

"Should we be worried?" Stefan asking, leaning forward. He placed his elbows on the table and put his hands together.

"Honestly, yes. Only because we have no idea what anything it means and how to stop it from happening," I said truthfully.

Very deep in my core, a tiny, very microscopic piece of me was scared. But I'll never admit that out loud.

"I'm sure Stefan and I can instigate our wonder twin power and kick some ass," Damon said, smirking. He just wants an excuse to rip off some heads. As far as I know, him and Stefan haven't killed anyone in a while all thanks to Elena. It is a good thing. But what she doesn't understand, is that it's in our nature.

"You aren't even twins!" Caroline exclaimed. I could tell by her demeanour that she didn't like Damon very much. She very clearly favoured Stefan.

"Shut it, blondie."

"It's a bit of banter Damon, chill out."

Damon glanced at me and rolled his eyes.

"Oh, guys! I thought I'd let you guys know that there is another ball tonight for the council and everyone in town is invited," Tyler suddenly spoke up, looking up from his phone.

"Great, I have to go shopping again," I groaned.

"I hate shopping," Elena agreed.

"Well you can both suck it up. We're going shopping!" Caroline spoke for us.

"Well Elena, at least you and I can agree on something," I muttered.

"Maybe this will be good for the two of you. You can both get to know each other a little better," Stefan said, being as optimistic as possible.

"Why does this town have so many balls anyway?" I asked, ignoring him.

"This town is old fashioned. Back in the day, they used anything as an excuse to party. I suppose with such evil lurking around, they do it to spread some light," Caroline answered.

I just nodded my head, not really caring.

-

After a dreadful day shopping with Elena and Caroline, I was beyond relieved to find myself back at the Mikaelson mansion. Elena being the charity case she is, spent the whole time using me as a therapist. Although it wasn't terrible getting to learn more about her, I simply just didn't like her.

"Rebekah! I need you to do my hair!" I yelled out, my arms full with my dress and other assortments. My purse was certainly feeling a lot lighter after the money I spent.

"Why do I have to do it?" She asked, stepping out of a room.

"I'll go get my other blonde friend Caroline to do it if you really want," I teased.

"Get your ass upstairs," She said in a warning tone. I began following her upstairs. She looked quite funny at the moment. Her hair was up in curlers and only half her makeup was done. Clearly the Mikaelson's were invited. Not very surprising.

"This ball isn't as formal as the previous one. Yet still, I find myself spending thousands of dollars to look good," I complained, watching as she plugged in the hair straightener.

"Do your own makeup so I can do mine," She instructed, pulling out a box and passing it to me.

I huffed, yet started doing it anyway. I made sure to keep it as light and natural as possible. Rebekah had started doing my hair once hers was done. She straightened it perfectly and layered a few coats of hairspray to keep it slicked down so it wouldn't go frizzy.

Once I was done, I put on my dress. I was kind of in love with the dress I got. It had a deep and plunging cut and ended mid thigh. It was nude with gold details and had very thin straps. To say I felt confident was an understatement.

I kept on the gold bracelet and necklace I was already wearing, as they paired quite nicely with the dress, as did the nude heels I put on.

"What I would do to have your beauty," I heard Rebekah speak as I checked myself out in the mirror.

"You have every man falling at your feet. Elijah will never admit it simply because of Niklaus's interest in you, his eyes light up too when he sees you," She added.

"No man is good enough for me Bekah. That's why I have been alone for so long. I wouldn't mind having someone by my side. But men are almost as problematic as women these days," I said, seeing her face change from envy to understanding.

"Tell me about it. Must I remind you who my brothers are?"

I couldn't help but chuckle because she was in fact right. Kol, Elijah and Niklaus were like magnets when it came to trouble.

"You and I are best to leave now if we were to make it on time. I decided that I would be taking the lovely Damon Salvatore tonight," Rebekah said, playing with her curled hair.

"I wonder who Elena is taking then, because Stefan is accompanying me," I said.

I shrugged, not giving it too much thought. Hand in hand, we both left the premises without any hassle from her brothers and made our way to the ball.

I have some drama planned for the next chapter 😉