11.

Lottie

"I'm so glad I'm not human. Imagine the killer hangover I'd have right now," I muttered, sipping on my favourite red drink from a glass.

I'm always keeping it classy.

"Last night was messy. Are you going to tell your big bad boyfriend of our shenanigans?" Damon teased, slouching into the sofa.

"You say that as if we hooked up. All we did was dance, drink and kill."

"Ah, you didn't deny he was your boyfriend."

"You know damn well he isn't," I spat.

"Don't get so snappy with me, Lottie. I'm just teasing you," He reassures.

"Excuse me? The only thing that will be snapping, is your neck if you-," My threat was shortened by Stefan waltzing in the front door.

"Two female tourists. Bodies found drained of blood with bite marks found on their necks. Would you two know anything about this?" The sarcasm in his voice was clear, as he slammed a news article onto the coffee table.

"Me? No. Maybe Lottie does though," Damon didn't hesitate to throw me under the bus.

In that moment, I could've strangled him.

Stefan sighed before pinching his nose, "Lottie, you can't just come back into town and start ripping the place up!"

"Says who?" I retorted.

"Me!"

I just laughed it off, not really caring too much.

"Stefan, it's part of who we are. We either accept it and embrace it, or live very unhappily for a very long time."

"Dear Stefan chooses to live unhappily," Damon continued to taunt Stefan.

"At least I don't hurt people for fun," He snapped back.

"Hey now, don't get too rowdy. Stefan, I'm sorry we did what we did last night. I'll hold off and not let it happen again," I said, sending him a smile.

"Thank you. The council is suspicious of us already. One slip up and we'll have vervain pouring out of our taps, a crowd of men holding stakes and torches knocking on our door and-"

"They wouldn't even get close enough to enter the gates if I'm here-" I went to say, however was cut off.

"That's not the point Lottie. Thank you for apologising and saying that. But, it doesn't mean anything unless you do it."

"Here we go, Stefan being all soft and sentimental," Damon groaned.

"At least he has a heart, Damon. Now, I'm all for some Salvatore bickering, but don't degrade each other like that. Throw some petty insults, but be careful. At the end of the day, when all your friends get old, you'll only have each other."

"And I'm out of here," Quicker than the flash of lightning, Damon had left.

"Look Stef, I know Damon is a handful. I'm the first to admit that he's kind of a dick too! I just-," My words were cut short.

A sharp, piercing pain jabbed at my temples. I closed my eyes and groaned, trying to shake it off.

"Lottie, are you okay?"

I fell to my knee's, clutching my head. The pain was indescribable. It felt like someone slowly pushing a knife in and out of my skin. However, just as quickly as it started, it was over.

Slowly, I opened my eyes, finding Stefan kneeling in front of me with a hand on my back. I used him for support and began standing.

"Are you okay?" He asked. He voice sounded different. I, by instinct, looked around the room. This isn't the same.

"No, something's wrong. I don't know what," I said, finally meeting his eyes.

"Come on, I'm sure one of the Mikaelson's will have answers," We both went to run off. Although Stefan loathed the Mikaelson's, he couldn't deny they come with a plethora of knowledge and connections that could help.

He sped a few meters ahead of me, only to stop when he realised I wasn't following him.

"Lottie, what's wrong?"

"I can't run, run. Your voice doesn't sound very clear. I also can't see very far in front of me. All indications point at- Well, I don't really know," I huffed.

Stefan didn't hesitate to pick me up and carry me to wherever he thought we could get answers. We ended up at the Mikaelson mansion, as promised.

"Stefan! How delighted I am to see you!" I heard Kol say.

Looking up from Stefan's chest, I couldn't help but feel dizzy. My head began spinning. My weak grip on Stefan's neck loosened and I began slipping, until he caught me and tightened his grip.

"Something tells me your mother has done something to Lottie. She can't run, see or hear as well as she could yesterday. She had an episode earlier where all she felt was pain. You and I both know it takes a lot to make her even blink."

"Mother Mikaelson, what a spirit she has!" He joked.

"What's wrong with her?" Rebekah rushed out, racing down the stairs. Her presence made me forget completely of Kol's insensitive remarks.

"I don't know exactly. Her skin is getting darker, her hair is flattening and her heart beat has quickened," He said.

"I-I can't run or s-see very well," I spluttered out before breaking out into a coughing epidemic.

Stefan very softly kneeled so the floor and placed me down, keeping my head on his leg as I thrashed a little. I could feel my insides aching and swirling, my head was pounding.

"I think this has something to do with what Elijah and I found. Elijah! Come quick!" Rebekah called out.

Within seconds, I could see the blurry outline of Elijah. He squatted to the floor, much more graciously than Stef and Bekah.

"Killer moon," He muttered, his eyebrows furrowed.

Before I could ask any questions, my chest heaved. I grabbed Stefan's shoulders and yanked myself up. As I struggle to breath, blood splattered from my nose and mouth, covering myself and the floor.

"Elijah, we need to get help as soon as possible," I could hear the worry in Rebekah's voice.

I thought Stefan would be much more stressed. However, he was stroking my hair and holding my hand in a comforting manner.

As I stared up to the light, my eyes got heavy. With each blink I took, the fight to keep them open got worse. Eventually, I gave up.

Although, before I let myself fall into a slumber, I heard the panic of the people around me.

"What are you doing?! Get her to a bed and call someone!" Kol exclaimed, to Elijah I presumed

"I'll go get Klaus," Rebekah said.

"I've got you Lottie. I'm not leaving. Damon's on his way," Stefan whispered, pressing his lips to my forehead.