ix. SUPERSPY

At the Byers' home, Mike is walking around the room as Charles stood by the door, standing there with his arms crossed. "It's like.. It's like I feel what the shadow monster's feeling. See what he's seeing." Will said, staring in one spot.

"Like in the Upside Down?" Mike asked and Will slowly nods. "Some of him is there. But some of him is here, too." He said and Charles looked down, he can tell Will was different. "Here, like, in this house?" Mike asked as he stood at the end of the bed, looking at Will. "In this house and... in me." Will said and Charles looks up at him.

Charles watched Mike take a seat carefully next to Will, his eyebrows furrow at this. "It's like.. it's like he's reaching into Hawkins more and more. And the more he spreads, the more connected to him I feel." Will said as he looks down.

"And the more you see these now-memories." Mike says as he then looked at Will. "At first I just felt it in the back of my head. I didn't even really know it was there. It's like when you have a dream and you can't remember it unless you think really hard. It was like that. But now it's like.. Now I remember. I remember all the time." Will said and Charles took notice of how much he was shaking. He frowned slightly and looked down.

"Maybe... maybe that's good." Mike said and Charles looks at the dark haired boy next to Will. "Good?" Will asked. "Just think about it, Will. You're like a spy now. A superspy. Spying on the shadow monster. If you know what he's seeing and feeling... maybe that's how we can stop him. Maybe all of this is happening for a reason." He explained and Charles looks down.

"You really think so?" Will asked. "Yeah. Yeah, I really do." Mike answers him then Will looks away, looking at one of his drawings. It was of the shadow monster. "What if he figured out we're spying on him? What if he spies back?" Will said, sniffling and Mike looks at him right away.

"He won't." Mike says to him. "How do you know?" Will asked and then Mike reached out, putting his hand onto Will's shaking hand. Charles was gonna say something, do something but then he looked down, ignoring those thoughts.

"We won't let him." Mike says and Charles looks up again. "Can I talk to Will for a bit, Mike?" Charles asked as he walks over to them. "Sure.. I'll be right back. Okay?" Mike tells Will and Charles as he stood up. "Yeah. Okay.." Charles only said before he sits down next to Will.

"Hey.." Charles whispers and Will stayed staring at one spot again. "Hey, can you look at me?" He said as he leaned closer and finally Will looks at him. "Hey.." He whispers as he raised his hand to rest it on Will's face gently. "Are you feeling any different today?" He asks the brunette boy.

"A bit.." Will responds with and Charles nods, pulling his hand back. "Would you be okay with me staying the night? Do you want me to?" He asked as he puts his hand onto Will's, squeezing gently onto his. "If you want to." Will says with a nod and then smiled just the slightest.

"But yeah.. I want you to." He whispers and Charles smiled right away at that. "Great.." He says and Will nods. "Great.." He repeated then suddenly is leaning in towards Charles. "Great." Charles repeated again but then someone walks in. "Hey." They both look over, jumping slightly.

"Hey.." Charles said, awkwardly scratching his neck when he saw that it was Mike. "Are you spending the night here?" Mike asked him as he walks over. Charles nodded right away. "Will wants me to." He said and then secretly hopes Mike won't say he was gonna spend the night too.

But of course, nothing ever seems to go Charles' way. "Me too. I'll spend the night too." Mike says and so that night, Mike and Charles had set up to sleep on the floor next to Will's bed.

During the night, Will moves to the edge of the bed after Mike fell asleep, he looks down at Charles who was still awake. Charles smiled slightly when he saw Will peering down at him with a small smile on his face. "Can you come lay up here for a few seconds with me?" He whispered.

"Lay up there? With you?" Charles whispered back in disbelief. "Yeah.. If you want to." Will said as he nodded his head slowly. Charles doesn't really mind as he climbed up, now laying beside Will, he is over the covers and Will is underneath.

     "I can sleep better when someone's holding me.." Will whispered to Charles and he smiled slightly. "Are you inviting me to cuddle with you?" He asked with an eyebrow raised and Will smiles slightly back before he flips over to face the other way. Charles awkwardly but tightly wraps his arm around Will's waist, pulling him much closer to him.

     "This isn't weird right?" Will suddenly whispered and Charles furrowed his eyebrows. "Why would it be? It's nice to cuddle." He chuckles and Will smiled at that, leaning closer to Charles. "Yeah.. It is.." He suddenly said and Charles smiled right away at that, it felt nice to just hug Will.

     The two always hugged many times before so this wasn't really that weird, well except for the fact they were in a bed this time. "I like it.." Charles suddenly says before he raised his hand, starting to gently run his fingers through Will's hair.

     As Will started to fall asleep in Charles' arms, Mike had woken up, he looks over and saw Charles wasn't in his sleeping bag and in the bed with Will. He decides not to say anything as he closed his eyes again, trying to fall back asleep.

    Once Charles knew that Will was asleep, he carefully moves his arm from underneath Will before he got off the bed quietly. He gets into the sleeping bag on the floor next to Mike. He sighs before closing his eyes to try and fall asleep.

authors note jealous charles😳😳