xviii. BUILDING IT

In the distance, all that can be hear waa the fireworks for the Fourth of July celebration as Eleven explained to them what happened. "He said he was building something. That it was all for me." She says, she had tear stained cheeks and red, puffy eyes from her crying. "Building something.. is he talked about the flayed?" Max asks.

"He must be." Nancy says. "So, he's building an army, just like we thought." Lucas says and Charles sighs, looking at El between him and Max. "Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread." Mike says. "He's building it to stop Eleven." Will says who Charles looks at right away.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him." Charles said as he looked at El. "I have a feeling that really pissed him off." Mike says. "Like, royally." Lucas said. "And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him. But if she's out of the way—" "Game over." Lucas finished.

"He also said he was gonna kill all of you." Eleven says and Charles looks at Will right away who just looks back at him. "Yeah, well, that's nice." Max said as she looked away from her.

Fireworks were then not all that can be heard, there was a loud screeching noise in the distance. The fireworks were normal, but that screeching noise didn't feel right. Nancy walks over to the window as that noise happened again.

"Do you guys hear that?"

     "It's just the fireworks." Jonathan says and Charles shakes his head. "No, I heard it too." He says and Nancy took a moment. "Billy," she turned around to them. "When he told you this, it was here, in this room?" She asked El who nods.

      Then there was a loud thudding noise in the distance, kind of like footsteps from a rather large thing and Charles looked at Will right away who was already touching the back of his neck, "he knows we're here." He tells them.

The group all ran out of the cabin and stood at the road, watching the trees moving and then a huge creature appeared. It was large, bigger than the one at the hospital. The creature starts screeching. Charles' breath hitched and he turned to Will who looked at him with fear in his eyes.

Inside the cabin, the group all got ready for whatever was going to happen, Nancy and Jonathan walk in with an axe and a gun as they barricaded the doors with any and all furniture. "Will," Charles said and Will immediately came to his side, "hey, get away from the windows." Nancy said as Charles interlocked his fingers together with Will's, the group now all together in a circle.

Charles pulled Will closer as they all looked around, almost like they were waiting. The electricity starts crackling, dishes are clattering together and all of them started breathing heavily. "It's close." Will said and Charles looks at him.

They just stand and listen, leaves on trees were ruffling outside. The glasses in the kitchen all clink as they fall off where they hung. The rumbling they had been listening to stops, "where'd it go?" Max asked, curiously. Then suddenly one of the monster's tentacles breaks through the wall, Charles ushering Will towards the wall right away and holding him protectively behind him.

El stood in front of him and Max, holding out her arms as her eyes widen. Jonathan yells as he raised the axe and hit the tentacle with it. It doesn't do much, even the second or third time before the tentacle hit him and threw him to the wall. Nancy walked out of the kitchen, holding up the gun and starting to shoot at it. She fired three shots, hitting it each time but the gun stops.

She was out of ammo and the tentacle was about to come at her when it stopped suddenly mid-air. Charles looked at El right away who was holding up her hand, keeping the monster from killing Nancy. They all watched El, wide eyes and gasping softly. Then El used her powers to break off the tentacle, heading out the broken wall.

"Holy shit." Max said as she stared out the hole in the wall. And then another breaks through the wall behind her, which El stopped right away. Even the second one that came through a window, the glass shattering to the ground. They all watched El in shock as she kept both of her arms up, panting heavily before she yells, breaking off both tentacles that quickly head out the holes.

Charles lets out a small sigh of relief, looking at Will behind him who was staring back at him. The monster roared as it broke through the roof now, its mouth opening up and another tentacle coming out of it. The monster grabbed El by her ankle, pulling her when Mike ran over, "El!"

Charles gasped, running over right away and helping Mike. She held onto Charles' forearm tightly, screaming in pain and fear as they all tried to pull her, Max and Jonathan helping them and soon enough Will joined them as well, standing on the other side of his brother. "Pull!" Mike yells.

"Nancy, shoot it!" Jonathan screams and Nancy started shooting. Two shots. It did nothing. Another two and it still did nothing. "Lucas!" Max yelled and the boy picks up the axe, jumping up onto a table and screaming as he swung the axe.

He grunts, yelling as he hit it another time. The kids were straining as El kept screaming. Lucas hit it another time and then another when finally it broke off and El landed on top of Mike who held his hand to her face. "El? El! Are you okay?" He asked and she weakily nodded her head.

Charles quickly crawls over to Will as Mike took the thing latching onto El's leg, ripping it off and throwing it as she screamed in pain. The monster was still there as Charles kneeled beside Will, both watching as El got up from the floor.

She slowly walks over before raising her hands and starting to yell as she used her powers again. Jonathan raised her hands, backing up and pushing Mike, Charles and Will behind him. Charles' eyes widen when El splits the monster's head into two. She falls back towards Max who quickly held her up, "Go, go, go!" Nancy says right away.

"Come on! Come on, go!" Jonathan said and Charles helped Will up, all of them heading for the door. They take the stuff they used to barricade the door before Jonathan opens the door, him and Nancy ushering all of them out.

Will, Lucas and Charles all got into the back seats, Will squished between Lucas and Charles as Max and Mike got El into the car way in the back. "Drive! Drive!" Mike yelled at his sister.

authors note when steve & robin were high ahaha