vii. WHINY BABIES

That night all Mike did was complain about El breaking up with him, it was kind of annoying to Charles. He sat there, eating a bag of sour gummy worms as Mike laid on the couch, eating a bag of Doritos. "What's wrong with me? What did I do wrong?" He asked Lucas.

     "Nothing." Lucas said and Charles rolled his eyes. "What did I do wrong? What could I have done wrong?" Mike continued anyway, even looking at Charles who just glares at him.

      "Do I have to go through this again?" Lucas asked, walking around and Charles looks at Mike who crunches down on a whole handful of chips. "I just don't understand what I did to deserve this." Mike said and Charles looks at Lucas next. "Nothing. Nothing. That's my whole point." The boy says and Charles just rolled his eyes.

       "You're the victim here." Lucas said and Charles looks over at Will who was carefully setting up the game again. "I know. It's just, why is she treating me this way? I don't know." Mike said, sounding like a whiny little child to Charles.

     "Mike—" "What did I do wrong? What did I do wrong?!" Mike exclaimed before Charles could even say what he was gonna say. "Mike, stop," Lucas said and reached down, "relax. Just relax." He said as he puts Mike's leg over the other.

     "Okay? Stop asking rational questions."

      "I know. I know, you're right."

      "Yeah." Lucas nods. "Because women act on emotion and not logic." Mike said and Charles looks at him right away. "Precisely." Lucas said and Charles' face scrunched up. "It's a totally different species." Lucas throws his arms up.

      "Guys, it's ready." Will said excitedly. "Will, not right now." Lucas said and Charles looks at him and Mike with a glare on his face. "They broke up with you. What else is there to talk about?" Will asked him and Charles smirks. "Tons."

      "Yeah, we're trying to solve the great mystery of the female species." Mike says and then he burps loudly. He chuckles, "dude, you can smell the nacho cheese." He says, holding up a dorito and Will groans in disgust, shaking his head.

      "I got that beat." Lucas says and Charles sighs, crossing his arms. "What?" Mike says. "Oh, no." Will shakes his head as Charles already reached up, putting his shirt up over his nose. "No, Lucas, no." Mike objects but then Lucas raised his leg slowly. "Lucas! Lucas!" Mike yells.

       The boy lets out a fart and Charles rolls his eyes. "You two, need to listen up," he says as he stood up, Mike and Lucas looking at him. "Clearly you aren't the victim here, Mike, because El was right to dump your dumb scrawny ass!" He exclaimed and Mike just looks at him in shock.

      "What?"

      "You lied to her! Even after your stupid saying friends don't lie," he mocks how Mike says it and scoffed. "And you guys are so sexist to call them species when they're exactly like us, just because they have different genitalia, you shouldn't treat them differently. And women are emotional, yes, but El gets to be after you lied to her!" He says and then crossed his arms. "And you two are gonna shut up and we're gonna play Will's fucking campaign or else," he said, pointing a finger at Mike.

     "Do you understand?!" He exclaimed and both boys just slowly nodded their heads. "Will, come with me, let's talk." He said and reached out, grabbing Will's hand in his gently. He leads him to the bathroom where he shuts the door, both of them standing there facing each other.

"What's up?" Will asked worriedly as Charles leans against the wall with his arms crossed. He puts his head back and closed his eyes as he sighs. "I'm getting sick of them acting like whiny babies over Max and El.. can we just go?" He asked.

"Go? Go where, Charles?" Will asked, stepping closer and Charles sighs. "I don't know, my place, yours, Castle Byers, anywhere.. I just don't wanna hang out with them if they're gonna be like this.." He says and Will reached up.

He puts his hands on either of Charles' shoulders, "how about.. we listen to them for a while longer and maybe they'll eventually agree, and we'll get to play D&D? Please?" Will asked, looking at Charles with that look in his eyes.

"Only if you'll promise as soon as.. uh, we finish the game, the campaign, we can do whatever I want." He says with a small grin on his face and Will squints his eyes at Charles. "Like what?" He asked and Charles shrugs his shoulders. "Like.. maybe a date, a secret one, sadly.. But it'd be a date." He smiles and Will smiled faintly. "Like.. where?" He asked curiously and Charles smiled more widely.

"Like, maybe, the movies or ice cream at Scoops. What do you say?" He asked and Will just smiled. "You promise?" He asked and Charles nodded right away as Will's hands slowly meet at the back of his neck, pulling him more closer.

Will slowly leans in and Charles leans in as well, smiling a bit. "A-Are you sure?" Charles whispered and Will nods right away before they closed the space between them and kissed.

Will steps closer to him as Charles's hands go to his waist, slowly moving around to Will's lower back. Their kiss deepens, they kiss like they did the year before in Will's room before the Snowball. Charles is sort of taken back when Will moved closer, continuing their making out.

      Charles pulls away and Will just stared at him. "Was that weird?" He whispers and Charles shook his head. "N-No.." He smiled a bit and Will smiled, leaning in again. Charles leans in as well, his arms now wrapping around Will.

      They were gonna continue but then Will remembered the campaign he set up and pulled away. "We should... go back out there." He said, fixing his hair and Charles just nodded. "Y-Yeah.." He said as he straightened out his shirt.

authors note charles: what if we like.. made out in the bathroom with our friends right outside? haha, just kidding.. unless?