Case 2.1: ONE LOVE MANILA

A S H E N Montero

December 15, 4:51 pm.

Oedipus HQ.

Man, I'd like to be BLIND for now.

"It's sure nice to be the third Eye," I murmured under my breath and pouted. It feels like my eyes are going to curl up and burn because of the computer's radiation. "Right, Levent?!"

He just stretched his arms and yawn, "Ash, I'm still enjoying my post-siesta laziness, you should not go around disturbing resting people."

My left eye twitched because of his remark. Damn, gusto ko siyang isako at itapon sa creek. It's true that Twelve is really an EYESORE to us who have a functioning Eye dahil bukod sa katotohanan na nakakadistorbo siya sa gawain ay nakakainis din na 'pag stress kaming lahat, siya lang ang petiks. Na-aappreciate ko pa si Mia since she's the Chief's secretary but Twelve? He's a pain in the ass. A walking hemorrhoid.

Come to think of it, five straight days nang naka-red alert ang agency dahil sa request ng Anti-terrorism Committee at kahit pa ang HQ mismo ang lungga ko ay 'di pa ako nakakaramdam ng matinong tulog ever since this case has been assigned to us. Everyone seemed to be determined to prove something to the ATC. Of course, it is a big deal.

"Ash, we got an update from the SWAT team," Mia walked towards my table and I can't help but to grunt. "Check your email."

I pursed my lips and motivated myself to straighten my back and open my email. I crinkled my nose and did what I have to do, I checked on my Gmail and open the mail the SWAT sent me. "Zen, another cup of coffee, please."

He grimaced but stood up anyway, "I know I said I wanted to be of help unlike this shameless bastard, but I didn't mean to be your coffee maker."

"Meh! I told you. The third Eye is built to slack! You have the luxury so enjoy it," pangungunsinti ng napakatinong squad leader ng third Eye.

I sighed and smiled apologetically to Zen, "Sorry dude but I don't have the time to brief you with the work. Given that my workplace is messy, the operation might be interrupted if I misplaced a single sheet of paper."

"That's how fucked up Ash is when it comes to working," Lance commented while he's fixated on his own computer. "'Di naman sa sinasabi kong burara ka pero parang ganun na nga."

"Oh, shut up. This is how I work. I can concentrate with a fucked up surroundings," I replied and Zen placed the coffee beside my table. "Thanks," I murmured.

"I'm glad to be of use."

I bit my tongue to stop myself from smirking, he sounded like a butler. I then focused on the mail as I took a sip of coffee. It contained reports from their monitoring. I squinted my eyes and read the report.

"Just today, two suspicious people left a bag in different locations and in different time," I said and seems like I got their attention. "The first bag is left by a girl, age estimation is around 15 to 20 years old based on the body built. The bag is a regular backpack. Just enough to hide a bomb. It is left in the seaside."

"Walang camera footage?" tanong ni Hiro na kasalukuyang nakaupo sa tabi ng shredder. Isa pa 'tong sagad na sagad na ang battery, but he's still attentive. "Para makita natin kung sinadya niya bang iwan ang bag or aksidente niyang naiwan ang bag."

I shook my head, "Wala, unfortunately. The bag is left in an angle where CCTV's could not reach. The information available is gained via the surrounding CCTV's of food stalls and shops. Nakita ang babae na bitbit ang bag papunta sa direksyon kung saan nakita ang bag. The girl is wearing a cap though so her face is impossible to identify."