7 - eavesdropping

ever since mineta disgustingly decided to peek at the girls locker room through that hole, mind you, which still hasn't been patched up yet, i felt like i had to be constantly on duty to protect the girls from mineta's horny ass.

at the same time though, i unintentionally overhear everything the boys say, guess my hearing abilities are stronger than i thought.

"that fight was amazing guys! im so proud of our improvement!" i hear midoriya's enthusiastic voice chirp.

"oh, no need to flatter us, you were the real star here! you've definitely improved the most, considering the fact you were breaking bones left and right before." kirishima's encouraging words boomed.

"racoon eyes and sparky did surprisingly well." bakugo commented, earning a small gasp and thank you from kaminari in the distance.

"on the topic of the girls, i certainly think uraraka did splendid, she's definitely controlled her quirk much better." iida said.

"yaoyorozu excelled."

fuck.

not her

please don't mention her name, todoroki.

"dude, of course you think she did well! while it's not wrong, we know you got something between her." sero piped up.

what?

no no no

really?

is he,,

is todoroki the reason

why all this happened?

"you two are such a power couple, lemme just point that out, but don't let that stop me from winning her heart first." mineta jokingly remarked.

it's obvious, huh?

she didn't even bother hiding it for long

are my feelings
that irrelevant?

"yeah yaomomo did well, but that's as expected of an all As student. can we talk about how cool jiro looked? her quirk is actually so cool it's unbelievable."

me?

cool?

kaminari don't say that

"awww kami's got a smol crush!" kirishima said.

"she's got this punk rock persona, but a soft heart, who wouldn't fall for her?" kaminari explained cheerfully.

i,,

did he mean that?

i slowly retracted my earphone jacks away from the hole, and finished buttoning up my blouse.

"jiro, what's wrong? your face is red, did mineta say something perverted about us again?" hagakure pointed out.

o shit

"o-oh, no don't worry, i've made sure he keeps his dirty mouth shut, im just burned out from todays training." i quickly replied.

i continue wearing my clothes, but i just couldn't help but glimpse at momo from my peripheral vision.

she's texting.

texting who?

i squinted, but could only make out the contact name of the person she was messaging.

"❤❄"

well whoever that lucky person may be, it sure as hell will never be me again.

i roughly patted down my blazer and head out the locker room, footsteps slightly louder than usual, and close the door probably a bit too loudly.

and i thought i got over her, huh?

easier said than done.