11 : desperate

you have no new messages

"stop checking your phone, jiro."

"i know, i know... i just cant help but feel i really fucked up."

"of course you fucked up, poor guy probably thinks you hate him."

bakugo's nasally voice paired with his harsh and honest words ringed inside jiro's mind. what did she expect honestly? it's not like she's just met bakugo - ever since they've been paired up to do more training, she became more and more exposed to the distorted reality the blonde's words revealed.

"you're lucky, you know. having someone care for you so much."

"what do you mean? she left me for.. that perfect from head to toe, no visual imperfections, charming, dazzling man of a todoroki. and she broke up with me over text. how in god's mind do you think she still cares for me?"

"no, you bimbus, im not talking about ponytail." bakugo rose from the floor, his baggy tanktop exposing his collarbone and defining his overall slim but somehow buff frame.

the purple haired girl squinted her eyes in confusion. "what do you mean?"

bakugo turned around, facing jiro's room's window and started tapping against its frame, humming softly.

"kaminari."

"what about him?" jiro cocked her head sideways, obviously still obliviously processing what the blonde meant.

"dude, he still cares about you."

jiro looked away, her eyes straying towards the bulliten board that stood in front of her desk.

polaroids of aesthetic photos scattered the hazel wall, endearing messages covering each frame. so happy i met you, best brother i could ever ask for, girl crush <3

each polaroid that captured momo's elegant essense cut deep papercuts within jiro's fragile heart - she hadn't the heart to take those photos down, the pleasant memories just heavily outweighed all the depressing, solemn thoughts that fogged her rationality.

"how long do you intend to stay put in a false fantasy where momo still loves you?"

"i dont know! i dont know, okay? its harder than it sounds, everything hurts but i can't move. i can't turn around, i'm just stuck in my misperception of reality. im still devastatingly in love with momo. i dont know why. maybe its because i crave the thought of being loved, maybe its because i like the sensation of being cared about. maybe our entire relationship was based on shallow feelings that didn't even mean anything in the grand scheme of things. maybe she didn't even love me back. maybe i just... like the idea of being in a relationship."

if teardrops could be bottled, jiro's dorm would have been a waterfall inhabited by water infested with bitterness, pain and conflict.

all jiro felt was numb. her eyes probably were swollen with heartache and her cries became inaudible. yelling all she could with a silent voice.

the ground began sweeping under her feet, her mind lighter than a feather and simultaneously heavier than two mountains.

warmth of two rough hands silently hugging her, was all she felt that night as she sobbed uncontrollably.

nearly all the ua dorms were quiet.

but kaminari's room wasn't.