Chapter 9: The Truth

First chapter in a while :) let's go!! (25K special)

Nejire POV

I woke up in a coffee shop wondering what happened earlier, I looked around and at my cold coffee, "What?.." I raised my eyebrow and saw a waitress walk by, "Hey miss! Where are all the people?" I waved my arms to catch her attention but she wouldn't notice me, "Miss?" I walked up to her and tapped her shoulder, "Hello!" she faced me with a grin which startled me, "AAAHH!" I screamed and backed away.

I started to notice that it was a bit too quiet. I looked outside the glass door behind me and saw no people walking around, "What is it that you want to ask me?" the waitress startled me again, "Oh uh.. where are all the people?" I stared at her from far away, "Why, they left" she grinned at me again, "Huh?" I tilted my head, "They left" she said again but this time it sounded like she was dying, "Y-Yeah" I smiled awkwardly, "They left, they left, they left..." the waitress was now repeating the same thing over and over again, "What the?" I noticed that the ground was shaking and it only got stronger.

I fell but I held on a table, I looked at the waitress and froze, "They left, they left..." the waitress looked like an old doll from hell, her eyes weren't there and her body was becoming black, "Miss!" I shouted then everything turned black.

I woke up sweating, "What the heck?" I held my head and tried to process what I just dreamed. I remember that I had an argument with Midoriya. I was inside a weird room, a girly one. I stood up and walked outside but I just saw the living room. I felt pain on my side and saw a wound, a big one, "Oh you're awake" an old lady politely said to me, "Oh hi" I waved my hand.

Minutes later...

"What happened?" I asked the lady, "I found you lying in the construction site unconscious" she replied, "Is this your room?" I asked her again though I didn't feel like being curious right now, "No it's my granddaughter's but you're welcome to stay if you want" the old lady handed me a cup of tea, "Thanks but I really need to get home" I smiled, "What's your name dear?" the old lady asked me, "Nejire" I replied with a smile, "Such a beautiful name" she sighed, "Thanks" I smiled at her. A lot of time has passed and I still had a bad feeling that something about the old lady wasn't right. 'Good thing she was getting food from a nearby store' I thought to myself.

I went into her granddaughter's room to investigate. Everything was fine and I didn't see anything suspicious except for a weird photo. It was her granddaughter and her parents. She's somehow familiar but it was really hard to see since the photo was half ripped for some reason.

I moved on and looked at other photos. The photos seemed really ominous. I felt a bad feeling about this. I saw another photo but this time it was Midoriya.

'Why? How? And what?' I quickly held the picture in my hand and gasped to see it had a signature on the side.

My heart sank when I realised that the signature was written by Himiko Toga. I knew something was odd about this house, also is the old lady Himiko Toga? I looked outside to see if the coast was clear, thankfully it was. When I got outside, I walked to the front door to leave.

I grabbed the doorknob and turned it but to my surprise it was locked. I was shocked and panicking inside my head, "Oh no! I'm inside a villain's house!" I rapidly turned the doorknob and didn't notice that someone was behind me.

When I turned around, I saw the old lady with a knife in her hand. I gasped and froze from fear, "Hello Nejire" the old lady transformed into Himiko Toga with a smile.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked her afraid of what she might do, "You don't remember? Oh well whatever..." she said only this time she wasn't smiling but with a frown, "W-What?" I stuttered like a kid, "You stole Midoriya from me, now I'll make sure that the love of his life pays for what she has done" she quickly raised the knife in her hands and stabbed me in my shoulder.