xli

{ flashback }

after three months of taehyung's death

" jimin! stop this now please. you are too drunk come on. i'll take you home." hoseok pleads as he try to get him stand, but jimin is refusing and keeps drinking. hoseok sighs and just sat down, jimin cutely grins at him and ask for him to drink also. " no jimin." jimin pouts and just drink it up. until he passed out, hoseok paying for the bills he had caused and all the things jimin ruined. carrying him on his back, down to his car. " you're such a pabo jimin." hoseok whispers as he shut down the car's door and went to the driver's seat.

it was like every night hoseok will come and get a drunk jimin. despite of jimin's mom pushing them to get married, none of them actually said yes since they didn't love each other but decided to still be friends. but not for hoseok. because slowly he will fall for his best friend's boyfriend.

after a year and a half

hoseok already accepted that he fell in love with jimin. he actually tried to stop his feelings for the latter since it feels wrong. but jimin really has his ways to his fragile heart. it was a mistake, that night was a mistake. jimin is too drunk to think straight but he let it happened. that kiss that was supposed to be with taehyung. but what can he do? he already fall in love with jimin.

" jimin do you want to go out on saturday?" hoseok asks, as they were both just sitting on the bench outside the gym. jimin look at him, and nods. " where?" he asks looking back ahead, watching the people just pass them. " do you want to go to japan?" hoseok knows it's risky to even ask him to go back to the place where their memories were made and ruined. jimin glance at him.

" okay."

hoseok didn't expect that jimin will enjoy being here but he did. " come on let's go there!" jimin hold his hand and lead him to the store where they usually came. jimin being bubbly makes hoseok happy. " this will look good on you try it." jimin suggest giving him a round glass. hoseok takes it and wear it for jimin to see, his heart leaps in joy as he see jimin gave approval and ruffles his hair. " i'll buy it for you."

" they look cute together." even though they are not, hoseok was still happy to hear those kind of things. " where do you want to eat?" jimin asks sweetly, their hands being entwined with each other. hoseok is really happy, and for the rest of the day jimin made him feel so special and how to be taehyung. until it hits dark.

they were back to their hotel room, jimin still being sweet and all at him, the affection he is wanting to have for long now will come to an end. " i really can't believe that i'll be able to spend my time again with you taehyung." jimin speak as he caress hoseok's cheeks, that is now being stained with tears. hoseok thought that jimin is already opening up for him but no, jimin is still in love with taehyung.

jimin suddenly came to a realization that he was just imagining things, that the person he is with wasn't taehyung, but his best friend hoseok. he suddenly burst out crying as he calls out for taehyung. " i'm sorry hoseok." hoseok hugs him as his heart broke for the second time around. " it's okay, you can pretend that i am taehyung for as long as you want until you finally learn to love me." hoseok weakly whispers as every word that came out to his mouth breaking his heart even more.

" i'm sorry. i really am." jimin pause, hands tightening around hoseok. " but i can't love you hoseok. you'll just get hurt if i do."