For Forever

~3rd Person POV~

Lance waited impatiently in the crowded room. His eyes darted from face to face, trying to find something familiar. While he searched, his hands fiddled with the object in his pocket; a soft, lilac-colored feather.

The fragile object had been given to him as a gift, one that he had never forgotten. Words he had memorized from reading them so many times played through his mind. "I will love you forever. That's a promise."

Those words were his only hope that tonight would go well. Lance smiled when he remembered the message that followed those words that meant so much to him. "Hell, that sounded really cheesy. I'm laughing at myself as I write this. But, well, it's also true." Immediately after, though, he thought of the reason the message existed in the first place. Because he left.

And it was all his fault. He would always tell himself that, that he did this to himself, that he chose to leave. But he didn't choose. He had to, even though he desperately didn't want to.

That very day that he had arrived home again, Lance realized that it wasn't home anymore. His home wasn't there, home was with him. So that's when he decided; if he ever saw him again, Lance wouldn't let him go.

And that was exactly what Lance hoped to do tonight. He wanted to see him, to touch him, hold him again. Worry pressed against his stomach for the fear that something would go wrong.

He soon realized that if he kept fidgeting with the feather, he could break it. So, he left it safely tucked away in the pocket of his suit. The white-tinted jacket and matching pants he wore were accompanied by a red shirt underneath, and a red tie as well.

"Hey, are you okay?" A voice suddenly spoke behind Lance. He turned rapidly. The person who spoke froze in shock when she saw his face.

"Lance?" The girl said quietly, almost a whisper. The girl wore a white suit similar to Lance's, but had a green tie and white button-up. Her dirty-blonde hair was cut short, one half of her bangs pinned back. She appeared to be around 21 years old.

"Hey, Pidgeon," Lance responded. Pidge smiled widely and gave Lance a quick hug.

"What are you doing here?!" She asked him after the hug. Lance hesitated for a moment.

"I was invited," He finally decided.

"And you didn't come to—" Pidge started, but Lance cut her off.

"No-no-no. Not at all. Definitely not." He made his point by making a sliding motion with his hands as he spoke. Pidge smiled mischievously.

"Yeah, because that definitely wasn't a purple feather that fell out of your pocket when you moved your hand?" Lance froze. He glanced down at the floor, and sure enough, the feather was sitting lightly on top of his shoe. He quickly picked it up so that it wouldn't get trampled by someone's feet.

Pidge continued looking at Lance. "So?" He asked him. Lance sighed.

"Yes, I was hoping to... but I'm not so sure anymore. I don't know, we haven't seen each other in such a long time, and I just...I'm worried."

"Hey, Lance..." Pidge started, putting a hand on his shoulder, "You should know that you have nothing to be worried about. I know that he feels the same. I probably shouldn't be telling you this, but, just a week ago he was cleaning his apartment and found a photo of you... he started crying, Lance. You of all people should know that he barely ever cries..."

The hurt in Lance's heart grew a little more upon hearing that. By leaving he made... he made him, the person who only cried in the worst possible situations, he made him cry at just a photo.