Chapter 30: oH

Ashton POV

I can't do it. Yes, I know I like Kenzie and I would want to be with her. But I knew she wouldn't like me, so I tried to move on. But Nadia needed my help and she was my friend.

Seeing Kenzie holding hands with Johnny made me realized that Kenzie finally liked someone. I've been friends with her for almost 3 years. She never said that she liked anyone, no one knew if she liked anyone. She never caught feelings for anyone, but everyone caught feelings for her.

I know I don't like Johnny. And I have to do this for Nadia.  But Kenzie, she was one of my closest friends. I didn't want to hurt her.

"Are you just going to stand there?" Kenzie says as I realize that I was just thinking. "Oh um... I actually have to go.. sorry my mistake." I say and take off. I couldn't do it. I know people would say I chickened out. But I can't, she actually likes someone for the first time. She deserves to be happy. I know Nadia would be upset, but I cared about Kenzie more than here.

-

-

-

-
Third person POV

Kenzie just stands there watching Ashton leave her house. I mean he was the one that wanted to talk to her, but he just left, not even saying anything. Kenzie decided to ignore it and go inside to her room. She looked around to find a mess, her bed wasn't made, she had clothes everywhere.

"Eh, I'll clean it tomorrow." Kenzie says and goes to her bed being on her phone looking through Instagram. She looked over her window to see Johnny in his bed doing the same thing. She smiled to herself noticing him, and how she could just turn around and he would be there.

No one was home. Maddie was out with her friends, her mother was at work, she always came home late.

Kenzie 💕
Who wants to hang
out, I'm lonely.

Lauren 🤩
I'm down
Carson🚗
Can't have to catch up
on homework
Annie💙
Wish I could, my mom
needs me to babysit
Hayley.
Johnny⚡️
Wish I could but I'm
tired
Hayden🤟🏻
Sorry, family plans

Kenzie 💕
Fine. Girls y'all could
come over.

Lauren🤩
Be there in 5
Annie💙
Be there in ten!
I'll leave Hayley with a friend

-

-

-

-
Kenzie got up and went down stairs, they all knew how her room was a mess and they didn't mind. Plus they always hung out in the living room watching movies or talking. Minutes later the door rang and there stood Lauren and Annie.

"I have something to tell you." Lauren says and runs to the living room. "Okay, who does this involve?" Kenzie says getting comfortable and Annie just walks in. "She literally saw me and ran just to tell me."

"Then this most be important. Spill girl, who are we talking about." Kenzie says, "it's about my brother, and Well...you." Lauren says smirking. "Yo-your brother and me? Well um..I think you probably heard wrong." Kenzie says as she was confused. What could she have known about her brother that involved her.

"I heard, he is planning on ask you out!" Lauren says happy.

"Oh..."