chapter 39: proof

-Third person-

"Kenzie!" Johnny yelled was he went up to his window. He saw that her window was open but she wasn't anywhere near. "Kenz?" He said again deciding to go in. he took this time to walk around her room since he never really has seen it before.

As he walked around he noticed a box under her bed and decided to look inside. As he was looking inside he found just a bunch of jewelry. but not your local store jewelry, but gold and diamonds as well as rare jewels. he started remembering what nadia had told him debating if she was telling the truth about her.

"what are you doing here?" kenzie walks in with annie holding a bowl of chips. "i was just... i saw this and it ended up opening" johnny closed the box not even believing what he said. "okayyy" kenzie took the box and placed it back under her bed

"listen i'm sorry that i wasn't able to meet you after school, i just got dentition and the teacher took my phone away" johnny tried to make the situation less awkward while annie just observed what was going on eating her chips.

"it's fine. i had annie to hang out with any way" kenzie turned to annie who just smiled while putting more chips in her mouth.

-

"johnny? is that you? dinner is ready" mer yelled from the kitchen as everyone helped set up the kitchen table. leo and bentley watching as everyone moved the food to the table. "yeah, sorry i had something to do after school" johnny walked his way to give his mom and kiss in the cheek  *an: mommy's boy🥺*

"and by that do you mean after school dentition" lauren made her way to her seat in the table with her sisters. "you had dentition? and didn't tell me? john vincent orlando, what did you do? and please tell me at least you didn't hit someone?" mer had a straight face which was rare because she was always smiling. this made everyone else question what was gonna happen next since they never seen their mother like this.

"no noting bad. i just used my phone in class for like one second and got it taken so i couldn't tell you" johnny sat in his seat passing around the salad in his table. "yeah well it's 6 in the afternoon you could have told lauren so i would have know where you were" mer looked at lauren who just gave her brother a grin laughing.

"alright, i'll tell lauren next time so you-" "yeah, there is not gonna be a next time johnny." mer cut him off as he was mid sentence. "alright. johnny don't use your phone in class and if anything please tell lauren to inform us. and lauren if you at least know where you brother is and we didn't know, well then tell us. besides that madison, darian how was you day?" dale tried to end what was going on with mer and johnny *an: stan dale 😌✋🏽*

-after dinner-

"i'll be in my room if anyone needs me, i have homework to do" johnny placed the last dish in the dishwasher making his way to his room.

*** *** ****
hey!
it's nadia by the way
don't think i'm just
some random person

johnny
um, how did you get my
number?

nadia
during dentition. i got it from
your phone . don't worry i didn't
go through it . i'm not weird

johnny
k then. why are you texting me?

nadia
i just wanted to talk
also if you wanted proof of what
i told you during dentition. i
could send it

johnny
thanks but no thanks.
can i ask you something?

nadia
sure :)

johnny
why are you doing this?
say this about kenzie
aren't you friends? or
weren't you guys friends?

nadia
that was in the pass john.
people deserve to know the
truth about her. she can't
just lie to everyone. all her
friends.
you.

johnny
she doesn't seem like that type of
person. so how would i know.

nadia
she is trust me.
she usually gets diamonds,
gold and all that type of stuff.
trust me if you see it you would
know

johnny
i'll believe it when i see it
anyways i have to do my work.
i'll talk to you later 

-

johnny didn't know what to believe.  after all he was new and didn't really know a lot about either one of them. is kenzie who nadia claims she is, or is nadia who kenzie claims she is. if nadia was right then the jewelry would add up. but why would she do it i. the first place.