2.0

Elsa posted the video under the new account that she had made for them. Obviously, it was called 5 Seconds of Summer.

Every week they posted a video of a different cover.

Somehow, Luke had managed to talk his boss into letting them play at the club. Their income increased and they were able to quit their day jobs. Elsa was still working at the music store.

It had been three months since they posted their first video and two and a half months since they started playing the club. They only played covers of songs but they wanted that to change.

They began writing their own songs. They used inspiration to write lyrics.

It might sound stupid and ridiculous but Michael had written a few songs. One was called Too Late. He would never admit it but he used Elsa as inspiration for the song. He remembered the time when he wasn't in the mood for ice cream so Elsa ended up sharing her ice cream with Ashton. Somehow, that anecdote led to him writing a song. He felt embarrassed that it was based off of something so ridiculous but it was an amazing song.

Ashton wrote a song called Beside You. He didn't tell anyone that he wrote it. It was obvious who the inspiration for the song was.

Ashton helped write a song with Calum called Out of My Limit. They honestly didn't have true inspiration for the song but it was definitely a good tune. Luke loved it. Michael loved it. It was the first original song that they played at the club. The club-goers gave them the biggest round of applause they had ever given for any song they had played.

They knew the song was a success. After playing the club for a few months, they had saved up enough money to make a small EP. Elsa went to the studio with them when they recorded it. Michael's song, Too Late, was on it. Out of My Limit was on it. And two cover songs, which they chose together. Jasey Rae by All Time Low and I Miss You by Blink-182.

The EP sounded amazing and it became popular on the Australian iTunes. But they knew they would have to do more to become more popular. After a few more months of the same routine, playing the club, more videos, and saving up money, they produced another EP.

This EP had three new songs.

Luke wrote a song called Gotta Get Out: his inspiration being Mary Kate. Every time the five of them would go to Midnight Café to get a coffee or a bagel, the tension was thick. Luke hated it. Yet, he loved it because it helped him write a song.

Ashton finally had the balls to show the guys his song, Beside You. When he did, they fell in love with the song and they hadn't even played it yet. Elsa especially loved the song. She thought whomever he wrote it about was really lucky.

Calum wrote Unpredictable with Michael. Michael remembered when he was so excited to start over and live life without a clue as to what would happen. He was hoping for the unpredictable to happen. And it happened.

The EP was made of Gotta Get Out, Beside You, Unpredictable, and Out of My Limit.

When it was released, it was a hit. This EP was basically the start of everything. They were able to make an official video of Gotta Get Out and it happened to catch the eye of the most unexpected of people.

Then the unimaginable happened.

"Ashton! Michael! Calum! Luke! Guys! Guys! Get in here! I'm crying!" Elsa yelled loudly so they could hear her. She wasn't exaggerating when she said she was crying. She had tears flowing freely down her cheeks.

"What happened?!"

"Are you okay?!"

"What?!"