Compromised

Most of the car ride back into the city consisted of Jungkook driving at the speed of light while I tried to calm down a very upset Jimin on the phone. He was with Yoongi when the place was raided, but he was in the bathroom when Yoongi was shot. The shooters didn't bother to look for anyone else before leaving, so Jimin was lucky not to have been in the room with Yoongi when he was shot.

I still remember my first night of work when Yoongi practically forced himself onto me. I only went up to his office a couple of more times after that to serve him drinks and food, but that one time was enough to leave a lasting negative impression on Yoongi. I usually tried to avoid him whenever he was around since I always felt uncomfortable around him, so I never grew close to him. The only one that I had grown close to in the house is Jimin, but now Taehyung and Jungkook were starting to warm up to me. It was never my goal to get anyone to warm up to me, but somehow this is what it has come to. My father always told me that I have a way with people, which is why I always made such a great waitress. I wasn't even trying, and yet now I've grown rather close to three members of the biggest mob in New York City. If only I could use my way with people to talk the top assassin down from fighting me. But somehow, I don't think he'll back down for one second.

We arrived at the hospital where Jimin and Hoseok were waiting in the waiting room. I learned from Jimin that Namjoon was supposed to meet Yoongi at the restaurant to discuss business, but something came up last minute and he had to postpone the meeting. Namjoon was the target, not Yoongi. As much as Namjoon wanted to come and visit Yoongi, he had to be taken to a safe house with Jin and Taehyung.

It wasn't long before Yoongi was out of surgery and recovering in a private room. Jungkook and Hoseok went to visit him first while Jimin and I sat in the waiting room.

"Hey, Jimin?" I asked quietly as I stared at my hands that were folded over my lap.

"Yes?"

"How long have you known about my father?" I looked over at Jimin, who didn't bother to hide the flustered look on his face. "Jun told me when he had Jungkook at gunpoint, and Jungkook gave me some more details over lunch."

I thought about what Jun said almost all day. Part of me wanted to push those thoughts from my head and move on, but another part of me wanted more answers. I knew I couldn't let this rest. Not until I found answers.

Jimin sighed and looked away, avoiding my gaze. "I've known for a few years. But Namjoon told me to never tell you about your father. He was afraid that you might do something drastic if you found out the truth."

Drastic might be pushing it, but I certainly was upset. I let my anger and frustration out on Jungkook today during our fight, but I still couldn't beat him even with my anger and frustration built up inside me.

"I just feel betrayed." I looked back down at my hands. "I mean, imagine finding out about a huge secret about your family from your enemy. I don't feel like I can trust anyone right now. Not that I really trusted you all to begin with, but I started to. I started to trust you until I found out the truth today."

Jimin put his hand on mine, but I didn't look up at him. I didn't want to.

"I know that it's hard for you to understand, but try to think about why we and your father did this. I wanted to tell you, but I need to keep my trust with Namjoon. Otherwise, I would have been thrown out."

I couldn't blame Jimin for not telling me. If I had found out about this a few months ago, I might've sulked for at least a week. Now, even though I still felt betrayed, I knew that sulking about it would do more harm than good. But even so, I might have a little talk with Namjoon when I get the chance. I need answers.