Play Dirty

I was expecting Jungkook to go back to the city to stage our little duel. He said that wanted to take his time getting back, so he took a few back roads instead of the Thruway. I was confused when Jungkook pulled up to what looked like an old barn in the middle of nowhere. I turned to look at him, my eyebrows furrowed with confusion.

"What are we doing here?" I asked, nodding toward the large red barn that stood in front of us. It looked abandoned, but it wasn't in tatters.

"When I trained with Christian years ago, he used to bring me here to train me. He liked to get out of the city, and he knew that I loved the countryside. I figured this would be a good spot to have our duel." Jungkook looked over to me and smirked. "Unless you prefer somewhere else?"

I shrugged, looking at the barn and then back to Jungkook. "I suppose it's not a bad place. Fewer people."

Jungkook then unbuckled his seatbelt. "Then let's get this show started."

Jungkook got out of the car and headed to the trunk of the car. I followed, stretching out as Jungkook pulled out two knives from the bag. He held them up as I walked over to him.

"We're fighting with these?" I asked, looking down at the plain yet sharp knives in his hands.

"I would have settled for no knives, but I think this puts a spin on things." Jungkook winked at me as he finished his sentence.

I scoffed, but I liked the idea of a little danger. If the me from last year saw the me of today, she would have had a heart attack. Here I was, looking forward to a dangerous fight just to be able to sleep in a comfy bed alone tonight. It made me realize just how insignificant I felt in this world. Maybe once I start making more money, I can finally ask for a bedroom. I still have over a million dollars to pay back. Maybe I'll have a chat with Namjoon when we get back about returning that discount.

I took the knife in Jungkook's left hand and began walking toward the barn. I heard the car trunk slam shut and Jungkook's footsteps behind me. There was a small door on the side of the barn, so I opened the door and walked in. I was expecting the barn to look like an ordinary barn with hay and dirt all over the place, but that's not what I found in the barn. Half of the barn was covered in a dark wood floor. I could see a rack of weapons on one of the walls and a set of stairs that led to the top floor that only stretched out to the end of the wooden floor. The other half of the barn was open and was covered in light dirt and sand. OK, so the barn does have dirt but the barn looked more like a party barn if it weren't for the weapons and scattered exercise equipment.

"Well, this isn't what I expected." I said as I looked around. I was about to start walking around when I hear Jungkook slam the door shut. He locked the bolts in place and took off his shoes.

"Is locking it really necessary?" I asked, and took my shoes off as well. My feet were happy to be out of the sweaty shoes and I began to talk over toward the dirt pit.

"It is if we don't want any unexpected visitors to come while we're here."

"But we're only fighting, right?" I asked, stopping at the edge of the pit and looking back at Jungkook, who was walking over to me slowly with a smirk on his lips.

"We'll see."

I raised my eyebrow in surprise. I never expected him to suggest anything sexual. I came out of my moment of surprise when Jungkook stopped right in front of me. He was only inches from me and I could feel his warm breaths on my skin. I looked up at him and saw that he was still smirking.

"So, when do we start?" I asked, gripping the knife in my hand tightly.

"Now." He whispered before I felt his hands push against my torso. I fell into the dirt pit, but luckily I didn't fall to the ground. I found my footing just in time to fend off Jungkook, who was already coming after me with the knife in his hand.