Chapter 6- A new family

When we arrived at the port Killian helped me down, a older woman was waiting for us. I assumed it was his mother, I didn't know anything about her and Killian never mentioned her just that he thought she died. I watched as Killian pulled the woman into a hug and then both look at me.
"Mother this is my wife Emma!"
"The Lost Princess of Misthaven? I'm surprised you married my son considering he's a ex pirate."
"I married Killian because of the man he became and I love him for who he is. And I may be the Princess doesn't mean I'm like other royals."
I didn't like this woman, I hadn't met formally met her yet and she's already doing the same thing Liam did. Trying to tell me I'm not good enough for Killian by making me feel above him because of my rank.
"Mother please be nice she is carrying your grandson."
"Uh the snappy Princess is pregnant what a surprise. What's his name?"
She reached out and I backed away not trusting her completely, Killian's smile faded as he saw me move my hand to protect our son. "Love I know trusting someone is hard for you but she's my mother and won't hurt our son." I put my hand down and let her see the bump, it was barley noticeable but enough that she could see. "Well child it seems you aren't joking and this child is happening." I was completely hurt by the things Killian's mother said I didn't tell him though because I knew he would try and fight it. Something felt off about this woman and I knew it wasn't my hormones talking, I needed to go home and talk to Regina or someone close to me. "Killian I have the ball tonight to announce the baby so do you min if I leave?" He nodded as I kissed him on the cheek and threw my hands up, I landed in Regina's castle with Robin chasing Olivia. "Emma what a surprise let me get Regina for you." He ran upstairs and I sat patiently on the couch next to a mirror, when I saw Regina coming down the steps I ran and cried to her. I couldn't hold it in anymore. She lowed me down on the steps where we sat until I stopped crying enough to talk. "Emma tell me what's wrong?" She said as I sat up from crying on her lap, I regained my posture and turned to her. "Killian took me to meet his mother and the things she said to me. Remember Liam saying I wasn't good enough for Killian, she was doing the same thing but this time it was like she didn't want us together until Killian told her I was pregnant." I watched Regina's face turn from worried about me to angry at his mom, I wanted to stop her but a part of me wanted her to see that Regina will defend me and my son. "Regina don't do anything stupid, she will warm up to me just like Liam did." She nodded and I went home, my mom had three dresses laying out on my bed, I tried on each and all of them showed my slight baby bump. I rubbed it and wished Killian's mother looked pass my rank and saw my love for Killian. He came in a little later with a gift from his mother to me, i opened it to reveal a little pirate ship carving to hang in the nursery. "Killian it's beautiful he'll love it." He smiled and gave me a kiss, I walked to the nursery to hang up the ship. In the corner I could make out a figure watching me I held up my hands in defense. "No need for the princess, it's just me. I wanted to give you a word of advice." I knew this was going to be bad a house call from someone who insulted me in front of my husband. "What is it?"

"Killian will soon realize he doesn't love you and will come back to me and his old life. I know my son and villains don't change."

"Obviously you haven't met your son, he died and saved everyone. Our love is true I went and saved him from the underworld. He wouldn't leave his son like you and his father left him, I love him and he loves me you can't break us apart."

I watched her jump off the balcony dodging the guards on her way out, how could she threatening me like that. Killian has a baby on the way he wouldn't leave me. Would he? What if he does? All the crazy thoughts were running through my head and I began to loose my balance, before I knew it I was on the nursery floor.