Chapter 12- A New Day

I woke up thinking about how Regina feels, I went to get Aiden but Killian beat me to it He was cuddling Aiden him and rocking him to sleep. So I went downstairs to find my parents but instead found Neal crying, "What's wrong little bro?" I ask as I pick him up, he just cries. I walk him up to my parents room I can hear them talking, "Come one Charming, he is only four." My mother says, "And he is going to learn that he has to sleep in his own bed. I know you want to treasure these moments because we missed out the first time but he has to grow up eventually." I held onto Neal, as my parents argument grew. 

" Whenever we have a fight about our parenting you always seem to bring up how we failed our daughter. Who has grown into an amazing, brave and beautiful woman. We didn't raise Emma and we accepted that, and she has to why bring it up now. Neal had a nightmare and he wanted his parents, you sent him to bed crying." My mother said her voice breaking. "Snow I don't bring up Emma every time and I know we accepted it but it still hurts." The door swung open Neal and I were looking my mother, she had been crying. "Sorry sweetie, you shouldn't have had to hear that." She took Neal from me and I watched as my father walked right past me, "I'm gonna go talk to dad." She nodded taking Neal downstairs, I followed my father to his study he was sitting in his chair with his hands covered his face. "Daddy?" I said trying to get his attention but he turned to stair out the window, I sat on the desk next to him. "I failed Emma I truly failed." I didn't know how to comfort an adult, I just recently learned to let my feelings so normally I would hide them. But my father was like my mom he took things hard, "Dad you didn't fail me or Neal, the curse brought us together and you may not have raised me but you taught me so much. And Neal you have the chance to raise him, he's a smart and caring kid. You could never fail us, we both love you so much." He kissed me on the forehead and raced to find my mother, I went back to Killian and Liam in the nursery my mom was sitting on the floor with Neal and my dad. Killian gave us all some space, I watched as my parents forgave each other and played with Neal together. "How did we get so lucky to have such an amazing and smart daughter?" I gave my mom a look and she laughed, we played with Neal before we heard a familiar voice downstairs. We rushed downstairs realizing who it was, Henry and Violet stood hand in hand. "Hey kid, how was the honeymoon?" He told me all about it before he turned to see Violet holding Aiden and cuddling him. The way he smiled made my heart melt, he was going to be an amazing father. Once again we all played with Neal chasing him around the garden, Regina had brought Olivia and Roland over to play. "How's the baby?" I asked as she held her hand on her pregnant belly, "I guess it's okay it was different this time around I had no sickness and I'm less tired." I laughed Regina always knew what to say but her children always made her speechless, it started to get dark so Regina and I used our magic to display fireworks in the sky as everyone awed. Regina and her family went home leaving the Charmings and Jones, the kids got put to bed and before long everyone was in bed enjoining their sleep.