☆Page 2☆

-Hajime Hinata's POV

He walked closer to me, and held out his hand. "Ahh well, just call me Hope for now, what's your name?" Hope smiled... seeming to have no intention of harming anyone in any way. "Hajime Hinata." I shook his hand. " "Hope"... why that name, if I may ask? Why did you decide that?" I asked him. "...It was the first thing that came to mind other than "Where am I." when I first woke up." Hope answered, looking at me.

"Hm..." I hummed. I told myself that didn't mean anything. "Hope" was a common word in this time of rebuilding after Despair. "And when did you first wake up? Where did you come from?"
I questioned, looking back at Hope. "...I actually woke up a few days ago, and I suppose I came from the water, since.. I was next to the water when I first woke up... further up this river." He gestured in the direction further up the river, somewhat pointing there before he relaxed his arm and hand to let his arm fall back against his side.

I nodded a bit. "Have you been able to get food? Do you have somewhere to stay?" I couldn't help but worry for this person who seemed so much like Nagito. "Hold on... do you know anything about anyone named Nagito Komaeda?" I asked. "...Nagito... ...Komaeda...?" He seemed to get lost in thought for a moment before he shook his head, feeling like the name was familiar to him. "I don't know anyone by that name... it sounds familiar... but No, I don't." Hope said, looking at me.

"It's even stranger that you don't know. Most would, after all. He was a member of the infamous Ultimate Despair. Like myself,"
I added with caution, like removing a brick from a Jenga tower. "We were captured, rehabilitated in the Neo World Program. But... Nagito died in that simulation." I said.
"I honestly don't remember anything, and... what did Nagito look like? It seems like someone as hopeful as yourself knows him, did you do anything to cause Despair?... Hopefully it blossoms into more hope!" He exclaimed, hugging himself as he mumbled a few things about Hope out of habit, he quickly snapped out of it then looked back at me.

"Like... like you. But he was more pale and sickly. His hair had gone almost entirely white. He wore... this," I said as I took off the jacket, and handed it to him, grimly imagining how tattered and bloodstained the jacket would be had his death not merely occured in the Neo World Program. Hope took off his current jacket... and put on the jacket I had handed him, he relaxed. "Perfect fit..- He has good taste in clothes... I mean, this jacket is comfortable." Hope retraced on his words, correcting them.

"He did have good taste. He himself wouldn't have agreed," I shook my head. "He was always insisting how worthless he was... no matter how much I tried to explain to him that talent did not equate value as a person. He went around practically worshipping anyone with an Ultimate title." I explained. "...I agree with him, except he must've been a great stepping stone for hope if he has been that determined for hope...!" Hope said, smiling.
"He... always said that." I said, looking at him. "He did?"
Hope slightly tilted his head to the side in a curious manner.
"Well, seems that me and him have something in common!"
Hope said excitedly, glancing towards the water then back at me, looking into my eyes.