☆Page 4☆

-Hajime Hinata's POV

I squinted. In that jacket, giving that smile, gushing about hope... it was easy to ignore the fully-colored hair and imagine Nagito standing infront of me. "Well, at the moment you're still my topic of interest. Because I'm almost certain you and Nagito are one and the same. You've just... seemingly lost your memory." I came to an answer, hoping it was true.

"Oh, well if it will bring you more hope... then.. can you start with telling me what memories Nagito has?" Hope asked, curious.

  -Hope's POV

"Ah, I don't think I can read his memories... although I'm pretty sure what his final memory was. He died a gruesome death," He said grimly, and began describing my death. (In the hopes it would jog Hope's memory.) "It was all to eradicate Ultimate Despair, although... he died not knowing the full story." He finished off.

My face somewhat paled as I imagined my death, remembering a bit of it... I'm Nagito Komaeda..? Possibly.. "That's... horrible..." I hugged myself as I was trying to get the image out of my head, feeling a slight pain where.. Nagito had gotten stabbed by a spear. "It was for hope.." I said, taking a small shaky breath in attempt to help calm myself.

"Throughout the killing game... you were always an enigma. And that was what you always said to try and justify your actions. You put us in danger serveral times, but saved us from danger just as many." Hajime explained, his voice never wavering, speaking the truth. "That's impressive, but, Hope always wins." I said, saying what I know.

  -Hajime Hinata's POV

"Are you beginning to remember?" I asked. Although likely not, I feared, I had no clue how Nagito had seemingly returned, and if his memories ever could... it may be very difficult.
"..Not really.. but I do feel a bit of pain in the torso area... I guess it's around here." He said as he slightly poked himself where Nagito had been stabbed with a spear. "Now that I think about it... didn't you have two of the same colored eyes before..? You're pretty familiar.." Nagito somewhat whispered the last part to himself.

"You were the first person I met when I woke up on the island. We were meant to enjoy a peaceful resort... but that didn't last. We were forced to partake in a killing game. Although most of the people who died are okay, you hadn't awoken. After all, you knew the partial truth of that world before you died." I said, paying attention to him. "That's interesting... I'm curious, did I do everything for the sake of Hope?" He looked at me, seeming to pay attention to my face, or rather, the details on my face, he took a step closer to me.

He seemed to accept that he was Nagito Komaede pretty well..Huh..
"Yes." Your twisted view of it, I wanted to add, but for the time being I only wanted to help Nagito remember, not debate whether his actions were right or not. Why was I even trying to help him remember in the first place? Well, he was still like this no matter how much of his memory he had. And perhaps I could (subtly) help him to see the error of his ways. But he wasn't trying to kill me nor punish himself for formerly being an Ultimate Despair, so I suppose that was something.

"Ahah, I wouldn't try to kill someone without a reason, maybe it was to make more Hope bloom?" He suddenly pet my hair. "Is your hair naturally this spiky? It's pretty spiky if you brush your hand in the wrong direction..." He said as he continued to pet my hair, seemingly wanting to take his mind off of the pain from the memory of his death, I don't think he could really recall anything much else, mainly just his death in the game. Poor guy.

I gave an odd look. Nagito... was petting me. It was probably just a nervous attempt to change the subject. I could understand where he was coming from, and felt bad that his death seemed to be the only thing he remembered. "Yeah, I suppose it tends to spike out whenever I cut it short. And no matter how much I try, it always returns to its original spikiness and ahoge..." I said, letting out a light sigh.

He lightly brushed his index finger against the tip of my ahoge. "That's interesting, do you have anywhere to stay? I haven't gone too far away from this river... so I can't really tell where to go." He questioned me, waiting for an answer.