☆Page 3☆

-Hajime Hinata's POV

"And you agree with him? Why do you believe that?" I was rattling off questions to probe and find the truth of this situation. For Nagito, I blamed his erratic luck. I recalled just how much it seemed to have messed up his life and mental state. And he clung onto that good luck, he clung onto that light at the end of the tunnel, he clung onto that hope. For in Nagito Komaeda's life, that was the only constant.

"Well... lets see.. Hope is everything, Hope can shine in even the most despairing of times, as long as you have hope... everything will turn out fine.." He explained, his smile widening by a bit as he looked at me. "I think I was pretty lucky to have met you, it gave me some more Hope..." He said, the smile remaining on his face.

Even in a situation like this, it was unusual for someone to be so obsessed. I had to admit, I almost missed Nagito's ramblings. "Once, I was called the Ultimate Hope. An experiment at Hope's Peak Academy to bestow an individual with every talent there was. And yet in time I fell into despair. I remember it only hazily, all of the atrocities I committed. I suppose I'm flattered you said I brought you hope, but... I hardly am. And yet I still want to try and do what I can to rebuild this world. So, I suppose, that's why I'm here..." I said, looking to the side for a moment while talking before looking back at him.

He smiled at me. "Hinata-kun, maybe I could help you with bringing more hope! Though.. I don't think I would be able to do much, but, you're Hope! You will be able to get through this... and I can be your stepping stone to achieve that hope!" He exclaimed, excited once again.

I squinted. In that jacket, giving that smile, gushing about hope... it was easy to ignore the fully-colored hair and imagine Nagito standing infront of me. "Well, at the moment you're still my topic of interest. Because I'm almost certain you and Nagito are one and the same. You've just... seemingly lost your memory." I came to an answer, hoping it was true.

"Oh, well if it will bring you more hope... then.. can you start with telling me what memories Nagito has?" Hope asked, curious.