T H R E E

I felt Miles stiffen beside me as we took in the ballroom. People dancing, talking and even laughing were all around us and I felt trapped. The castle was darker than I expected, and my expectations were rightly placed. The walls were a dark, serene gray, with black marble pillars and flooring as a contrast. It was beautiful, in a haunting way. I felt a shiver rack down my spine as we walked further in, the awed and lustful gazes trailing down my form and piercing my soul.

Miles gripped my hand in his and I saw Philip glare at a few of the alphas. The older alphas. I shuddered.

I saw people gape openly and even a few women look jealous and kept my eyes downcast for the rest of the time. Miles held my hand as I tried to calm my beating heart. His attempts were rightly placed, but my heart felt like it was going to rip out of my chest.

A sudden gleam caught my eye as a soldier stopped us. "Excuse me, miss and gentlemen. Every guest is to be introduced to the King as an order. Please follow me." He was holding a sword in his holster, the shine of the metal making my fear increase.

So, we're only supposed to follow orders. I followed the soldier through the crowd of people, along with Philip and Miles, my eyes still trained on the floor. In front of us, was a couple and they were bowing. I guessed the trail of gradual steps followed a certain heightened chair that held the one man I dreaded being near. King Whisper.

The soldier asked for our names and I heard Philip answer, to which the couple departed. My view of the floor was now taken by the guard as he told us to bow. I reluctantly did so, but still kept my head down. I would have my dignity in tact.

"Welcome to my ball, I hope your enjo-" I heard a deep voice purr. It made me shiver unintentionally and I nearly gasped from how masculine and full of power it was. I feared that if I heard him speak again, I would literally faint. Though, the voice paused, as if he was caught off guard.

I finally decided to risk lifting my head up, and I really did gasp. In front of me was a throne, holding the most handsome man I had ever seen. I felt my eyes widen as I recognized his face, and it was so much more beautiful in person. It was the man I constantly drew.

His dark, enchanting eyes held secrets that were locked up tightly. They held a royal confidence and passed over me like a black fog, though in color they were a rich, navy blue. His pale skin was perfect, unblemished and covered a broad face. His jaw was sharp and chiseled, but also thin and regal. His nose had a slight crook to it, and I recalled feeling the need to draw it like that once. His eyebrows held the same emotion as I had drawn; raised in question. I had drawn him perfectly, but he was so real.

I saw his entire, unbelievably large form stiffen and he sat upright from his previously hunched position. He stared at me with no emotion even though I saw, swirling in the depths, an emotion of pure lust. What the fuck?

I finally noticed Philip and Miles staring at me, confused and deadly worried. My eyes wouldn't look at them. I physically couldn't stop staring at the Adonis before me.

"Well, looks like we have a certain... issue." He purred deeply, though I believe he wasn't doing that intentionally. My eyes flinched and I unlocked gazes with the beautiful male, it instead falling on the floor as I quickly spoke. "Hello, Your Majesty."

I gripped Miles and Philip's arms in my small hands and turned abruptly, attempting to disappear back into the crowd. I couldn't believe what my eyes had just seen, and I didn't want to believe what my brain had just realized. I was the fucking truemate of King Whisper.

I heard a slight pop and I thought something happened, when I saw the King stiffen in my peripheral vision. I saw him narrow his eyes and I walked faster.