T W E L V E

Ophelia coudlnt be happier as we raced through the trees, her long tail wipping around. I let her take control, letting a sigh pass through our lips as I did so. Conflict of my feelings flooded my thoughts and I tried to not let my mind wander to him.

I enjoyed the scents of the woods and the wind through our fur with open arms. After a while, she soon stopped running, her tongue sticking out as she found a pond and drank from it. I felt incredibly guilty of my feelings towards Whisper and how he thought I almost rejected him, but I hate feeling so rushed. 

No, you're just scared he won't want you. I felt my eyes widen, and I sputtered. What? No! I'm scared that... that... Ophelia stopped drinking and I could feel her condescending thoughts pounding against my own. What are you scared of, Fable? Whisper hasn't done anything wrong. You're scared that he won't want you because you seem like you don't want him. I tried to think of something that would be useful, but she was right. I was scared he wouldn't want me. I don't know why, I mean he practically wants me to live in his arms, but the feeling is there. 

I also forgot to tell you, but you're not actually marked. I stopped, frozen. What do you mean?  Whisper didn't mark you. Luca did. You're still unmarked, and the mate bond is only completed when both Luca and Whisper mark you, and vice verse. But, because you're being a little scaredy bitch, I haven't gotten to mark Luca.

My resolve crackled, and I felt my heart start to pound. So I still get a choice?  That's not the point. I'm saying, you guys can still have a passionate marking process and all will be healed over time. Honestly, you never listen to me. 

I rolled my eyes, but a smile rested on my face nonetheless. Now, can we go see them? I finally nodded after a moment, making her yip and start to race back towards the castle. 

The sky had turned a lovely orange and pink, the sun resting just over the horizon. I admit even noticed how we hadn't been gone so long. Yeah, because you were being a scared bitch. I growled at her. Shut up, Ophelia. 

After a while, the large castle came into view. The brick and detailed stone gave it an elaborate look, while also having an of course, royal air. I smiled slightly, feeling a surge of happiness race through my heart as I stepped foot into the castle. First things first, I needed to be in human form first.

I trotted through the slightly familiar hallways, passing a few confused guards and to the library. As soon as I opened it, I was thrusted into the huge arms of Whisper. I was still in my wolf form, which was admittedly smaller than average, but he picked us like we were nothing, his face buried in our fur. Ophelia was purring and clearly enjoying his reaction.

Though, his breathing was off. His movements were frantic and his heart was racing a million miles per hour. "Fuck, Fable. I thought something had happened to you. Shift. Now." Ophelia whimpered, her ears flattened against her head. Damn, he was pissed. 

He looked like a mess, with his tangled hair, crazed eyes and livid expression. Shit. I was in trouble. I also didn't want to shift; I would be naked. 

He must've seen my hesitant expression, because his eyes narrowed dangerously and his mouth was set in a straight line. "Fable, shift. Now." He commanded in an Alpha tone.

Um. Did he just try and use his Alpha tone with me? Fuck off. I narrowed our eyes and wiggled out of his arms, which failed completely as his arms tightened. However, the look in his eyes was enough to make me squirm with nerves. 

"Fine. If you won't shift here, I bring you to the bedroom." My eyes widened and I almost whimpered, but I remembered I had to be strong. I was a strong, independent woman. 

Fast as a bullet, we were in the bedroom and I could feel Ophelia whimpering again. "Okay, now shift." His tone was dangerous, and I felt a shiver rack down my spine. Reluctantly, I did shift.

He watched my body contort slightly, his eyes narrowed. I finally stood in front of him as a human, naked and covering my body with a sheet as quick as I could. I glared at him, making him cross his arms.

His eyes were the darkest I had ever seen and I gulped when he started to approach me, his arms unfolding and trapping me in his embrace as he pushed me against the wall. He growled, deep and possessive, and I swore the whole room shook.

"Where were you? I thought you left me." He asked quietly, searching my eyes. I held my head high in defiance and a mental image of Ophelia shaking her head flooded my vision for a second. "I was on a run. Not like it was any of your concern, anyway." I bit back.

He chuckled, and I knew I was in deep shit. Suddenly the sheet was ripped off of me and I yelped when his hands clasped around my waist, his eyes wandering down my newly naked form. They widened, his mouth dropped open slightly and he blinked fast. He inhaled shakily and I almost smirked from how his resolve and anger were now thrown out the window. 

"Fu-" his voice broke, his entire being faltering for a moment. He sure knew how to make a woman feel confident. Suddenly, I was thrown on the bed and he was on top of me, kissing me like there was no tomorrow. I moaned into the kiss and he growled, his hands moving all over my body. 

"You're mine, Fable. Always have, always will be." He murmured against my lips, grasping my thighs with his huge hands as he trailed kissed down my body. I jolted when he kissed one of my breasts, earning a dark chuckle from him. 

He leaned back, looking at my panting form with an appreciation fit for a goddess. "I have no idea how I haven't lost my mind without you. Fuck, Fable. You're mine." That's when he leaned down, claiming my neck with his mark.