E I G H T E E N

Whisper's arms tightened around me, and he rested his head on my own, his breathing slow. We didn't say anything else as the minutes rolled by, but it seemed right. Should I say something? 

"Fable?" Asked a quiet voice. I looked up and his face was frowning, not smiling like it usually was. "What?" I responded. 

He sighed, the sound both hesitant and full of emotion. "I'm so sorry I didn't tell you about the raids. They're your people too, and I didn't have the authority to say otherwise."

I nodded, looking into his navy eyes. "Do I? Do I have the authority?" He blinked, a smile crossing his features. "Yes. Yes, you do." He kissed the top of my head. I sighed, inhaling his very addicting scent. I felt a weird pit form in my stomach as I looked at him, something of a want.

Shit. I want him. I want every last part of this bitch. I looked into his eyes, trying not to notice how his hand was grasping my waist, and I bit my lip.

I immediately got a reaction. His navy eyes were now hooded and he growled, dipping his head down so that our lips met. I kissed back with just as much passion and he pushed me against the hospital wall. 

"Whisper." I groaned as he started to trail kisses down my neck and to my mark. I knew what he was doing; he was making me melt in his arms. 

He seemed to love me saying his name, because he stopped kissing me, his eyes almost black, and he let out a pained growl. He stood up straight, towering over me, and picked me up in his arms. He carried me out of the hospital room, even though I was still in my gown, and walked quickly to our room. 

Once we had entered the familiar library, his lips were on mine again and he started stalking towards the bedroom, where he set me on the bed and tugged in the plastic gown. We broke apart and he lifted the uncomfortable garment off of me, leaving me completely bare to his widened eyes. His mouth dropped open and he screwed his eyes shut, then opened them. I gasped; his eyes were black with lust.

He pulled back and ripped off his own shirt, revealing drool worthy muscles, and in a second flat, his lips were on my own again. I moaned into his mouth, causing his hold on my hips to tighten as he grumbled. I couldn't help but bask in the euphoric pleasures his hands and his lips gave; he was my mate, and only mine.

I knew that once we completed the mate bond (yes, I know. We haven't actually had sex.) that we would be inseparable, which only made it harder to hold back. "Fucking hell, Fable." He groaned against my body as he worked his way down. I writhed in his hold.

Our screams of ultimate pleasure weren't heard by anybody but us, and that's how I wanted it. I couldn't keep my hands off of the man. "I—love—you." I said, through heavy breaths as we collapsed against the bed, worn and tired.

His head perked up and he looked at me, his navy eyes wide. I could see many, many emotions swirling in those blue irises. "I have always loved you, Fable." He said, shaking his head exasperatedly as he rolled to lay on top of me again. I smiled, but soon I closed my eyes and fell asleep against my mate.

Whisper Black

Fable's heavy breaths calmed as our bodies touched. I felt nothing but love for my little, unbelievably sexy, mate. She was my everything—as cheesy as it sounds. I couldn't do anything about it either.

We had joined as one for the first time, both of us willing to give the other everything, and it was the most pleasurable and euphoric experience being able to become one. I couldn't help my hands touching the soft, silky skin, dotted with freckles and my love bites. She was the most perfect thing. I smiled and pressed a kiss to her mess of red curls, finally laying still and allowing myself to fall asleep.