Bad Teen Movie

Oct. 21st - One month later...

"Damn it." I mutter as I prick my pointer finger with the sewing needle for the third time today. Luckily for me the small cut heals up almost instantly every time. I draw my finger to my mouth, sucking away the lingering drop of blood before going back to stitching on the scales.

Shortly after my conversation with Peter, he had convinced me to make a suit. I mean, every hero needs a suit, right? At least, that's what Peter had said. Not that I was a hero in any way, but if I was going to end up fighting I might as well be prepared.

We still haven't come up with a name yet. Peter thought it should relate to Atlantis, since that's where the bracelets came from, and I had agreed. Well, at least to making my suit ocean themed. I had refused Peters idea of being called 'The Mermaid'. Not that I even needed an alias yet, considering I have yet to go out and fight any crime.

We did go to a few boxing classes though. Unfortunately we got kicked out after the third class when I accidentally busted open one of there punching bags. After that I had resorted to learning from Peters trainer... the internet.

It worked surprisingly better than I thought, and I turned out to be a very fast learner.

So that's pretty much all I've been doing the past month. Training and sewing, occasionally going to get tea with Wong, and hanging out with Peter and Ned.

Right now I'm at Peters house. We had decided to work on my suit at his place because his aunt has a sewing machine. But I'm currently working on hand-stitching the scales to the top. I'm pretty proud of the design I had one up with. The top was made of blue silicon scales with sliver accents, and my idea for the pants was to have scales starting at the top that gradually faded out. I also designed a silver 'chest plate' like piece made out of the same kevlar-spandex hybrid I had been using as the base for the suit.

"Prick yourself again?" Peter asks, momentarily halting in his process of sewing up the pants with Aunt Mays machine.

"Yep." I grumble, growing rather impatient with how long it was taking to finish stitching on the scales.

"Have you given any more thought to my suggestion?" He asks.

"About Halloween or my superhero name?" I question back, keeping my eyes trained on what I was doing.

"Halloween." Peter clarifies.

I roll my eyes. "I already told both you and Ned that the only way I'll dress as Harley for Halloween is if you two dress as Poison Ivy and Cat Woman." I laugh to myself as I imagine Peter or Ned dressed in a long red wig and green corset.

"There's no way that's happening." He tells me. "Besides, I already got a Batman costume, and Ned is gonna be Superman."

"Then there's no way I'm going to be Harley." I shrug. "Sorry kid."

Unbeknownst to him, I actually was going to be Harley. I just wanted to see if I could get Peter and Ned to dress as Ivy and Cat Woman.

Harley has actually been my favorite comic book character ever since I watched Batman: The Animated series as a kid. I had actually cosplayed as her at a convention before. Coincidentally, I had been driving back from the small upstate convention when I crashed my bike and woke up in this world, so I still have my costume.

Considering Halloween is my favorite holiday, I have to go all out, and being only a week away it would be unlikely to find a different badass costume in time. Not to mention that it probably wouldn't be a great use of money. I don't have a whole lot left.

"I'm not a kid, Adeline." Peter says defensively, catching my off guard. "I'm only two years younger than you."

"Adeline?" I question. "You never call me Adeline... what's wrong?"