Pregnant <> Steve {2}

I'woke up the next day in Steve an' I's bedroom, with Steve snorin' next to me. I was laying on my left side cuddled into Steve while his arm was resting against my hip, my right side hurt too much to lay on. When'I looked outside, it was beautiful. I couldn't help but stare out of the window from the bed, just admirin' how nice nature can be.

The sky was a pretty shade of dark blue before the sun began to rise, an' the window right next to the bed easily showed how pretty it really was. Ponyboy an' I always liked sunsets more than anyone else did. I smiled as the sun started to fully rise. The sky was painted with all sorts of pinks, reds, oranges an' blues. It was breath takin'.

     Steve rolled over in his sleep an' snorted, causin' me to giggle in my pillow. A sudden feeling of nausea washed over me an' I booked it to the bathroom. I didn't care if my ribs stung from how quick I moved, all I cared was that I needed a bathroom. I'd worry about the other things later.

When I jumped outta bed I guess I woke up Steve 'cause he was there the whole time, sitting beside me holdin' my hair back. Ugh! Morning sickness was horrible! It had happened only once before but I had a feelin' it was gonna happen a whole lot more. My stomach cramped the more I got sick, and at that moment did I wish that pregnancy was already over. What I dreaded the most was findin' a way to tell Steve. He won't be mad, he'll be ecstatic but I just don't know how to do it. I know we can't afford it. But we can try!

                          ~Steve's POV~

I woke up to Abi jumping out of bed and running to the bathroom. Knowing my girlfriend, the only times she ever ran were when she was being chased by those Socs, there was a rodeo, we went back to her childhood home in Texas or she was going to get sick. I sat up and sighed, already hearing her from the other room. Retching echoed into the hallway and I cringed. She always hated getting sick. I got out of bed and went through the hallway. There she was, kneeling in front of the John emptying her stomach of whatever was in there. She hardly ate anymore.

     Carefully, I kneeled next to her and held her hair back. Her skin was pale and clammy. And the bags under her eyes were more dark, not all from the shifts she worked at the Dingo. I think she's sick or something. After a few minutes she got up and rinsed her mouth out. I could not imagine the nasty taste in her mouth.

     "Are you alright, babe? 'Cause if you need to, I can tell your boss you're sick..." I started, but she stopped me.

     "No, Steve. That's...that ain't it." Her Southern accent was so thick, I loved it. Nonetheless, I was curious. I was a lot smarter than what people think so I started putting two and two together. Throwing up in the mornings, eating weird stuff, she might've gained a little weight even if I didn't mind all that much-wait a minute...

     "Are..." I couldn't even speak. "Are you...pregnant?" Her eyes widened to the size of saucers the minute I opened my mouth. I chuckled and pushed her jaw so her mouth was closed.

     "How'd you figure that out?!" She was beyond puzzled. I couldn't blame her. I shrugged as an answer. "Just put two and two together and BOOM!" Almost instantly I picked her up and hugged her, not caring if she wasn't even touching the floor from how different our sizes were.

     "We're having a baby! An actual baby! Golly, I haven't been this excited since my first drag race..." I muttered. Abi only laughed and kissed me, I kissed back twice as hard.

                              ************

     Steve and Abi walked up the walkway in front of the Curtis house hand in hand. Abi is about 22 weeks pregnant now and she was dying to tell the rest of the gang the news. She couldn't wait. He held the door open for her and slammed it behind him.

     "Well look what the cats dragged in!" Soda joked, jumping onto Steve's back to mess with his hair. Steve grunted and wrestled with Soda, until finally Steve had Soda in an inescapable headlock.

     "Okay! Okay! You win!" Soda laughed, his face red from all of the laughing he had done.

     The couple waited throughout the day together for the rest of the gang to show. They wanted to tell everyone at the same time. At a quarter to 9:00, the last few members of the gang were all lounging around in the Curtis living room. Steve cleared his throat.

     "Hey, everyone! Abi and I have some great news for y'all." Steve smiled, looking down into Abi's nervous eyes. She gulped, but smiled nonetheless.

     "We do indeed......" She trailed off. She loved to annoy and tease the gang, no matter what it took. The room was deathly silent for what seemed like an eternity, until Two-Bit blew that is.

     "Oh I can't take it! What do y'all have to say anyway?!" He was practically bouncing in his seat. Two-Bit would always be a kid at heart. Steve and Abi looked at each other and smiled a big, stupid grin.

     "We're pregnant!" They cheered. The entire gang cheered, even quiet Johnny who was sitting in the corner came to congratulate them both. They were so happy. Abi's stupid grin never left her face, and neither did Steve's. This was going to be a long night full of celebration.