Chapter 7. The Romanticist.

Rachel's pov

Rachel's pov

Alive?!!! Mom?!! What the hell is going on here? "Umm, hi, I'm uh, I'm Rachel and xiaojun can I talk to you for a sec?" I said, whispering the last part. He looked over at me as he nodded. I pulled him away from her, not intentionally. "I umm, I thought she was-"

"Dead? Because you believed in the lies Hendery was telling you." He told me as he looked me deep into my eyes. "But-" "Rachel, you've known me longer than Hendery and you went against me, you guys were held at gun point because of this guy." He reminded me. "I know but-" "No. You don't know." He said, looking away from me. He grabbed my arm as we both walked back to our spots. "Mom, if it's okay, I'd like to keep her here for safety." He told her, catching me off guard. "What?! N-no I have a home." I told him, walking closer. "Rachel, if you just trust me-" "No! I can't! That's it, I'm going back to the house." I told him as I ran out of there. "Rachel!" He called out. I walked through the woods alone, feeling unsafe now that xiaojun wasn't in sight to help me, but I did just get myself into that, so it's time I got myself out.

So far the only people I can seem to really trust are Kun, Michael and Kelly, or are they secretly working for someone as well? "Rachel." I heard in a whisper. I stopped walking as I turned around, hearing the sound of leaves crunching underneath my feet with every step I took. "Hello? Someone there?" I asked, looking around. I turned around to continue walking. "Rachel." I heard again, but closer. My heart dropped suddenly at the second one, making my walking pace speed up. "Rachel." I heard as it got closer. I started panicking as I started running. I turned around to look back for one second, and once my focus was back ahead, I bumped into something hard, making me hit the ground.

My eyes started to slowly drop as I felt the exhaustion and fear take over, making my eyes shut completely.

"Hey. Hey Rachel, get up." I heard. I slowly opened my eyes as a dark blurred figure stood over me. "Helloooo. Dude is she dead?" I heard. "No you idiot." "Guys lets help her up." "Hm. Where exactly would you hide a dead body?"

My eyes shot open slowly as I saw three blurry figures standing over me, attempting to help me up. "Rachel." I heard. I opened my eyes to see Kelly, Kun and Michael, and in that moment I felt safe.

Hours passed as we all sat in the living room eating the breakfast Kun made once the sun came up. "What happened?" I asked. "Hm? Oh, you got knocked the fuck- ouch!" Michael said before Kun popped his arm. "You umm, you were on the ground, looks like you fainted." Kun told me. "Yea and why were you in the backyard? You never go back there." Kelly asked. I slowly shrugged. "I-I must've been sleep walking." I lied. "Oh. Well umm, guys we do have school and I think if I miss anymore days they're going to start suspecting things." Kun said taking a bite out of her toast. Michael nodded. "Agreed." He said. The front door suddenly opened as xiaojun came walking in slowly. Everyone froze. "H-Hey buddy." Kun said awkwardly. "Sup." He said, looking over at me. My heart dropped from the gaze he was giving me, I felt like I was in trouble. "Rachel uh, can I uh talk to you for a second?" He asked as he looked down at the floor. His voice was calm, but his expression was telling me otherwise. Did I piss him off when I left? "Umm, we have to get to school." I said in a low tone. I grabbed Kelly's hand as I rushed us both out of there, brushing past xiaojun. Before I knew it, he smoothly grabbed my arm, making everyone stare. "Have a great day." He said but I could still see the frustration in his eyes. My eyes grew wide. "Come on." Kelly said as she rushed us both out of there.

"What the hell was that about?" Kelly asked as we both got in the truck.

I shrugged. "I'm not even sure." I lied.

"You think he knows we went to go see Hendery?" She asked as she pulled out of the drive way.

"Not a chance." I simply spoke. My mind was blanked out. Did I really just see Xiaojun's mom? Why was she in that house? Could his dad still be alive too? "Hey you okay?" Kelly asked me.

I looked over at her, trying to shake myself out of it. "Umm, y-yea! Just didn't get much sleep last night." I told her as I looked out of the window.

"You wanna take another day off of school?" She asked.

"I can't." I sighed. "If I miss another day, they're going to end up showing up on my door step next."

"Okay." She nodded.

After finally arriving to the house, we both quickly rushed in to get dressed. I just wasn't feeling it anymore. My mind kept spinning as I tried to rush and throw on my pants. I let out a frustrated sigh. "Rachel. What's going on with you?" Kelly asked me with a worried look on her face. I shrugged. "What do you mean?" I asked blankly. "You look sick. See." She said, turning me around to face the mirror. Even I couldn't believe my eyes. I looked like I haven't gotten any sleep in days. My weight was fading, making my clothes look bigger on me. My hair was oily, my skin was dry and pale. My lips were chapped and now...I think I'm pregnant by the guy who started it all the day we met in detention.

Xiaojun.

As I came to the conclusion...I finally realized that I've gotten myself into some deep shit, stressful shit, DANGEROUS shit I should be waking up to realize how serious it is. I shouldn't be so calm about this. I shouldn't keep secrets from my mother, I should be more open and apologetic with my peers than my shy self when it comes down to interacting when people. I should've never fallen for a stranger. I should've never kissed him, got into Kun's car that night, and I most definitely should've never threw my book at Brittany's head, who is now dead.

I should've never found myself, loving crime....