Pg. 6

*Trigger warning: Mention of suicidal actions*

Why the hell was Derek here? Well, I know why but...why did he have a black eye? Did I do that to him?? Impossible! I hit his nose, not his eye.

"Hello everyone, I'm going to introduce myself, I am Mrs. Patricia, but you can call me Mrs. P for short or Mrs. Pat works fine too. I'm going to be your anger management teacher every Tuesday. Some of you are from other schools, and most of you are from the school down town. Now, we're all going to go in a circle and introduce ourselves, starting with you." She said pointing at a guy in a yellow shirt.

Derek and I kept making awkward eye contact. I kept staring him down while he kept trying to avoid looking at me all together.

By the time it reached me to introduce myself, I froze, not exactly sure of what to say. Thanks to Derek being in the room, I lost track of every memory I just had. "Umm, I-I'm Rachel." I said silently.

"Rachel? Can you speak up dear?" The teacher said.

I sighed from frustration.

Why the hell am I here?

"I'm Rachel." I told her loud and clear.

"Okay, and can you tell us why you're here?" She asked.

"I'm here because I was being bullied and instead of telling someone I took actions into my own hands." I told her.

She smiled as she pointed to Kelly. "And you?"

"Hi!! I'm Kelly. I'm here because I punched my teacher in the face, called her a bitch and almost cut her." She smiled.

I gave Kelly an odd look.

Well damn. She's a lot more darker than I am.

Mrs. Patricia then looked at Derek, waiting for him to introduce himself. "I'm uh...I'm Derek. I'm here because I have an issue with bullying...people." He said, as he shifted his head down.

The circle continued. But my main focus was on Derek.

"Okay now that we've all got that out of the way and you're all comfortable enough with each other, I'd like to know what got you in here. Now, you can include details, names, anything you want if it helps. You can even write it down. We also have stress balls if you start feeling angry." She smiled.

"Can I start?" Kelly asked excitedly raising her hand.

"Oooh I like you already! Sure!" Mrs. Patricia told her.

"Okay, this might be a bit dark, but I don't mind if you guys don't. So, what got me in here was the fact that my mom got with this new guy, I mean she literally brings guys to the house every night, but...him, I hate him. He always tries to touch me every chance he gets and when I try to tell my mother, she doesn't believe me, so instead of reporting it, I decided to threaten him. I didn't touch him, but I hope my words did. I told him, if he tries to lay another god damn finger on me I'll chop his dick off with a kitchen kn-"

"Okay, that's enough." Mrs. Patricia laughed. "We'll get someone to look into that after this, okay?"

"Okay!" Kelly smiled.

I love her already.

"Anymore volunteers?" She asked.

Derek suddenly raised his hand. "I'll go..." He said, sitting up.

"Okay!"  She said.

"I'm here because...I once thought this guy I use to hang out with was my friend. And everyone looks at him like he's perfect. He's got the good grades, the looks and...the girl." He said looking over at me. "He even got the whole school to believe that I'm actually a bully when in reality it's him. I actually got transferred to a new school, a private school. My family thought it'd be safe, because we've been receiving death threats from him and his gang, he even did this to my eye...I-" Derek suddenly started crying.