Ch 2 - Edge

Amelia is heartbroken. Her lovers have did her dirty and snap, crackle, popped her emotions into pieces. How bad is it?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Amelia found herself that weekend just staying home in apartment. Blinds down and sat leaning against her bed just feeling herself ripped apart. Drinking bottles of water only to cry them back out. Work was good to keep her mind off of things but she just wasn't the same after that. After punching out she would go home and try to do her school work and sure enough it was just beating a horse that was not the dead but beating the ghost of it too. Not being able to focus and she lost a good five pounds. The stress was just eating her. Literally at that rate. With work being the escape and home being hell and she even let the phone bill go so the company shut it off to give her an excuse to ignore everyone.

Then the Saturday after  in the afternoon she had a knock at her door. Climbing out of bed in a gown she looked through the hole. It was her friend. But why stop by? Why did he show up. "What do you want?"

"Well that's a sad way to start this conversation. It's been a few weeks." Said the man.

"Azure look I'm just-"

"In a funk? Yeah. You're phone shut off?"

"Didn't pay the bill."

"Holy hell it's worse then I thought. Woman can you please so help me open this door?"

She was giving in. Especially being lonely outside her weekly gig. She unlocked the door and swung it open before walking back to her bed. "Come in..."

"It's dark here Amil." He shook his head.

"I'm not feeling well." She said sadly.

"Isn't it blatantly obvious? You're worse then me a few months ago when I had my break up. I wanted to check in and make sure you weren't a mess."

"Azhe. No peanut gallery. Please?"

"Just stating facts. I hate it when you're like this. Almost a sister to me and we are acting the same way. Say I'm not."

"You and Kate were different." She implied.

"Ugh. Sounds like the same to me. Kate left me for someone else and basically held onto me until her boyfriend now asked her out. How do you think I feel? Imagine having a fine dining night six months ago where you are trying to convince her that you can make it work. Steak, lobster, dessert, she had two glasses of wine to pay $100 plus tip as she sees another guy. Being rejected hurts. Being left hurts. But what really hurts is knowing you're not good enough. But Amelia, please girl you're killing my insides looking like this. You're a beautiful thang and you've never greeted me wearing a gown past 9 AM." Azure's speech was trying to reach out to her but she could only taking in so much. He knew this but just like everything in life a try is a must.

"Azhe there is more to it. And why don't you get back out there in the pool?" Trying to change the subject to better the mood.

"I did. Took a woman out three times and then just Monday night told me she only dates black guys. Said it straight out. Awkwardly paid my tab and I was out."

"Wow. Third date you found that out?" Pondered Amelia.

"Yeah. Apparantly thought I meant a relationship like me and you. Outside you into girls. Which not many men deserve you but that's not the point."

"So the pool sucks?"

"Let's see, some have been around the pool like Michael Phelps on 'roids, some scared to enter the pool, some just want a few good nights on your dime, the awkward ones, a handful of maybe you're good enough, and then what I hope for which is someone who I can talk, laugh, and be myself."

"What about Jade?" Asked Amelia.

"Stone cold emotionally."

"Laney?"

"Married actually."

"Diane."

"Had a baby."

"Marisa?"

"Flossie."

"Monica?"

"Asylum."

"Emerald?"

"Never dating a bisexual girl again."

Amelia was steaming. "What the hell is wrong with that?"

"Well Amil you're only into girls so you would know this. Let's say she has a girlfriend that is not into guys. Sure men that are pigs say hey have her join in. Well even if she did swing both ways her getting angry and walking out the door to say, 'Fine I'll see what my girlfriend's doing' got old after the fifth time around. My emotions aren't just something to whore around."

"Yeah I get that." She sighed. "Why Carly and Kim and I are done."

"She told me you didn't break up. You just stormed off and let you have space. Though apparently Kim called me and asked me if you recieved the letters. What's up with that?"

"I haven't checked my mailbox in a week..." She blushed.

"Tell you what. I'm going to chill on the couch as you get dressed. Get your mail since knowing her she spazzed and sent a few."

"I let my phone ring all weekend and kept it at home for the longest time. Yeah, sucked. Checked in five times a day and called ten times a day. I'm sure it's a pattern."

"Amil that Carly or Kim..."

"I, don't know..."

"Holy hell..."

"Yeah... I'll get dressed now. Stay put here."

"Obviously. 'Cause magically I'm just going to plant myself on your bed."

"Shut up Azhe." She giggled.

"Had to get one smile at least. Seriously get yourself situated. Shower off the mental grime. Do what is necessary. I'll be here making myself a coffee. You too?"

"I'll wait."

"Wow. Not often do you deny that. Get in there woman. Your depression is killing us."

~~~~~

Well looks like Amelia needs a little lift for Azhe or Azure. My followers know who he really is. So Amelia going to kick it in gear or kick her own ass?

-Rel