The Fourth Murder

Dedicated to ShenWeiLightning, writer extraordinary, Master of emotions and dear friend.
-💙-

-Shen Wei-

It was late at night and Shen Wei, found himself still working in qualifying some student's essays for his last class. There were so many talented students that year, that he became immerse in their work, pleased that most of them had done quite well analyzing the the clinical case he had prepared for them, yet, when he open his desk drawer to finish the last students essay, he realize he had actually left them on his office.

He had attend a conference that afternoon from another college, so he forgot to brings the works with him before walking back to his dorm, now he had two options, either he grade the reaming essays early in the morning, as he was supposed to deliver the works already graded to all his students, tomorrow, just before the weekend or go for a quick walk to his office now and finish it all tonight.

The decision was quite simple, tomorrow he may be too busy to finish grading in time for his last group, so he end up taking the keys and leaving his room, located in the teachers' dormitory inside the campus of the Dragon City University. Shen Wei took the elevator to go down four floors, going out to the lobby and greeting the security guard of the building. The old man was kind hearted and as usual, he came to great him with a smile.

"Ah, professor Shen... goodnight. Anything I can help with?" The guard asked eagerly and Shen smiled back at him.

"Goodnight, Mr. Lee. I know it's a bit late, but I need to retrieve some documents I left on my office. I forgot to bring them with me when I left the office and I need them for tomorrow's classes." Wei said, a bit apolitically. He was aware that after some recent serial murders, the Dean had taken the decision to suspend night classes and put a curfew after six thirty for all students leaving inside the dorms or outside the University grounds.

However, he was not a student, but a professor and the killer only had women as victims so far and even if the killer had chosen to also hunt men too, he was more than capable to defend himself in case he needed it. He was in fact a collaborator to a special investigation department of the police and during some training drills, he had become a target to defeat, as no one so far had manage to do so, not even Chu Shuzhi or Zhao Yunlan, head Chief of the small unit, which was quite good at martial arts.

Thinking about Yunlan, the shameless handsome devil, only make his heart race, as his attraction for the man was unmistakable, yet irrational because it happen in an instant hit the first time he saw him, five years ago when he was first asked to join the team occasionally.

Then over the years, his attraction for the Chief of SID became stronger, evolving into love, but never materializing into a real relationship, mostly because he knew Yunlan's father was not exactly pleased with relationships between the same sexes and the last thing he wanted was for their already bad relationship between father and son to became even worse.

"Oh, you are so young, yet working quite hard... just give me a second to tell my partner I will escort you to your office..."

"That's not necessary Mr. Lee... I know its curfew, but my office is not that far and..."

"Nonsense, I will escort you, professor Shen. It's my job after all and it's time for me to do some rounds anyways. Just wait for me for just a few seconds..." The older man insisted and so Shen Wei waited, as he looked outside the glass door. It was already past eight in the night and although the campus was well illuminated, the night sky was cloudy, devoid of the shinning moon that usually tinted the ground with the moon rays.