Waiting For You

-Yunlan-

The first night of Shen Wei's coma, Zhao didn't leave his side. Outside it was raining heavily, making the room colder, so Zhao make sure Wei was well cover, so he would stay warm. Then, he simply sat by his bed and took his hand on his and watched over him as he heard the rain fall. He stared and the beautiful man for who knows how long and decide to swallow his frustration along with his anger and anxiety, because Shen Wei needed him to be strong, to be his pillar of support when he wakes up. However, as he watched him, he order for a few guards to be posted outside his private VIP room 24/7, as he was aware that Shen Wei had become a prime witness to the crime and a target to the accomplice who got away.

The suspect that had been found close to Shen Wei's body had been arrested, the man had been found unconscious too, although not seriously injured, unlike Shen Wei. Preliminary investigations made by his team pointed that he had been the one who killed the girl inside the lab room, before Shen Wei showed up. They were some unanswered questions by those officers who first arrived at the scene, about how Shen Wei had end up discovering the murder, already knowing the killer was in the building, but his team, which were now in charge of the investigation, didn't need an explanation for that particular part.

They all knew that Shen Wei could see ghosts, and the night guard that escort Wei to his office described there was some strange event with the lights and a rush of cold air inside the hall, just before the professor asked him to call the police and the ambulance before dashing away. Flicking lights, along with temperature drop, meant a spirit was close by and knowing Shen could see it, they guessed the ghost of the murder girl guide him to her body.

After that, the call he had recorded after he realized his professor was in danger, say it all. Shen Wei had slowly open the door to the lab room, enter and then fight with the one who killed the girl, knocking him down. It was what happened next what took them by surprise, the same way it had took Shen Wei unguarded. The one who had stabbed him in his back was someone he knew, someone he wasn't expecting to be involved in such heinous crimes and it proved that in that particular case, it had always been the work of not one, but two people.

There had been some strange facts about that serie of killings from the start, for which they were investigated as different murder cases, not related to one another. The weapon used in each case were different and so they were the ages of the victims, varying from twenty two, to thirty.

The multiple wounds inflicted on each of them, also were different in both the execution method (some in a more brutal way and some in a less messed one), as well as the places in which they were inflicted. Several ones, with deep cuts in the face and chest in the brutal ones and less wounds with the heart, neck and arms from the more controlled ones. It was only after one officer asked for his opinion on the murders that he had ruled it a serial killing.

The similarities were in fact very subtle and quite easy to miss. Yes, the three women had a difference in ages, with 30 for the first, 25 for the second and 21, for the third, before the one Shen Wei try to save, but they have in common something particular. All of them were consider attractive women, very smart, quite sociable, talented and caring of others. It was a link that was clear as day for him as he saw all three expedients with their personal information, so he asked to take the case just three days ago, never imagining it will end with Shen Wei as a collateral victim. Now, it was clear the murders were committed by two different men. The one who killed without restrain and the one who killed with less anger.

That new fact, also worried him for another reason. Apparently, the girl at the lab room was stabbed in her chest and neck, with clean cuts, she was not mutilated and the wounds inflicted were not as deep as in the first ones, so it was safe to assume, the man Shen Wei fought and caught was the gentler of the two, which meant the one who Shen Wei knew, the one who got away by stabbing Shen Wei in a sneak attack, then hitting him with a piece of wood, was the brutal one.