7. Brianna

Brianna POV

I was hella excited! Today was the game for the Coyotes! I was in my cheer uniform and landed in the splits. Bianca done a cartwheel and cheered alongside me. Lexi and Deana were in the crowd, next to Lance's parents. Darcy again was coaching the team. Same goes for Coach Killjoy. I looked at Johnny. He was chatting with Billy Bob who looked sicky. "Johnny, get your ass back on that bench Let's go boys!" He said, racing Billy Bob out there. Is he serious? He's not even worried about Billy Bob looking a little sick. Johnny growled at him. I did the same and went back to cheering. I smiled as I heard Lance start the game. The game began and the guys were tackling each other. I looked to the left and I saw Billy Bob unconscious. My jaw dropped. And no one's not even noticing?! Loud cries were heard. It sounded like Lance's. Everybody stopped cheering and there was silence. I saw him on the ground holding his broken knee. His cries broke my heart. Without hesitation, I ran up to him while the guys swarmed around him. "Lance! Lance!" I said. He kept crying. Tears formed in my eyes. He was in pain so much. He squeezed my hand tight. "Its gonna be ok!" I said. He nodded in disagreement. The paramedics came and put him on a gurney. "Lance, I'm sorry man!" Billy Bob said. He almost started crying. I shedded tears and patted his back. "I'm sorry man!" He whined. He kept crying cause of his painful knee injury. I watched my hand slowly break away from his. "Wait!" He said. They stopped and he motioned me to come. "What?" I said. "Please come." He cried. I quickly nodded. I definitely wanna leave and just be with him through this. I hugged him and went with him to the hospital. The girls looked completely shocked and worried. Except Darcy who was crying. I totally believed she was faking it. I was sitting in the waiting room while they had Lance in the emergency room. I wiped my eyes from more tears falling. He was a good quarterback and now it just got taken away instantly. His dad and Johnny showed up. Just in time before the doctor came. I got up from sitting and Johnny rubbed my back for comfort. "Lance twisted some cartilage in his knee, he has to wear crutches." He said. We looked at him in shock. Crutches?! This is bad. This could probably ruin his chances for a scholarship. Mr. Harbor looked more shocked than us. "How long?" He asked. "Minimum year and a half." The doc said. That made me feel more awful. A year and a half? Who can go a year and a half with crutches on? Mr. Harbor was in a much worried state. "Lance's ride...his scholarship to Florida State. Jesus!" He said, whispered the last part. I wiped my eyes again and took a deep breath. I can't imagine the pain inside Lance is feeling right now. "Can we see him?" I asked. He nodded. "Only one person." He said. I motioned Mr. Harbor to go cause he's his father. He sighed and went to his hospital room. I went back to my seat in the waiting room.

Later, his dad left the room. I took a deep breath and got up. I walked in his hospital room. He saw me and smiled. I smiled softly. "Hey. How you're holding up?" I asked. He sighed. "My knee still hurts but I'm good." He said. I immediately hugged him. He hugged back. We kissed passionately. I want him to be ok. "You really didn't deserve this. You would've done more out there." I said. He nodded. "Yeah. Injuries happen." He said. I kissed his cheek. "I'm so sorry." I whispered. "Thank you." He whispered. "So, crutches huh?" I said. He chuckled. "Yeah." He said. I huffed. "Sorry, trying to build up the mood." I said. He wrapped his arm around my waist. "I'm just happy you're here with me." He said. I smiled. "I'll always be here." I said. We kissed passionately.