02|Was not a dream

Whoever is reading this, I love you
And if anyone is ARMY then, I purple you<3

Whoever is reading this, I love youAnd if anyone is ARMY then, I purple you<3

|chapter 02|

|was not a dream|
° ° ° ° °

Rune jolted up from the soft sheets of her bed. Her chest rising and falling with the desperate need of air passing through her lungs. The pounding in her forehead served as a reminder of the horrifying dream.

It was just a dream. Oh God! I think I'm going crazy." She muttered to herself as she tried to calm down the frantic beating of her heart, trying to take in steady breaths. It wasn't easy to do so as the shrill beeping of the alarm clock only increased her panic when she realized how late she had slept in. In a desperate attempt to stop the frustrating sound, she knocked the alarm clock off the nightstand, the device thumping against the ground. "Ugh, I'm gonna be late for the office."

In a hurry, she got ready for the day and dressed in clothing similar to the day before. Rune hadn’t bothered to check herself in the mirror nor ate breakfast even with the rumbling of her stomach reminding her of the painful hunger she will have to endure later. She descended down the wooden stairs and started to run towards the front door.

Oliver came behind barking. Rune halted her steps for a moment before walking towards Oliver. "Oh sorry boy, I forgot to bring out your food."

Oliver spun around with his tongue hanging out and his tail waving through the air like a flag. The small dog then followed a rushed Rune to the kitchen.

As she was about to reach the cupboard, her eyes landed on a pile of broken shards that used to be the flower vase positioned in the living room.

"Did you break that vase, Oliver?" She questioned the oblivious animal, keeping her hands pressed to her waist as Oliver’s head lowered in what could be confusion, he slowly sniffed the remains of the vase. It had not been this mistake. 

"If it wasn't you, then who was it?"

She moved to the location of the broken vase and knelt down, crimson red drops could be seen on the broken pieces. The subtle metallic smell confirmed her fears of the dark substance being blood but she hadn’t been bleeding?

She gasped as flashes of yesterday’s events ran through her thoughts, she remembered what happened last night. She was confused as to ponder whether it was a dream or if it happened in reality.

She felt pain in her neck as she lifted her hand up to inquire and ran to a full-sized mirror in the living room. She moved the collar of her shirt that revealed bruises and distinguishable marks.

"Oh my God," she mumbled in shock as her eyes widened in fear. "This can't be happening. Aiden couldn’t have been here."

Smoke started to form in front of her eyes without a source. She blinked them a few times trying to get rid of the sudden fog. Within no time, she found herself in the midst of the woods along with her friends....chattering.

Flashback:

There were eight of them: three boys and five girls including Rune. She seemed excited. They held each other's hands and had begun their walk up the steps of an old-looking villa. They had backpacks on their backs. They all laughed, though their eyes told a different story of a hidden sadness while their hearts beat in despair.

- - - - - - - - -

Just then, Rune's phone rang, pulling her out of the gruesome trance. She shook herself and the memory faded away as it returned to her subconscious where it belonged. She answered the frantically ringing device.

"Hello?" She answered cautiously.

"Where are you? We have a meeting, remember?" One of her coworkers asked from the other line. Relief could be heard through their voice as they had finally got in contact with Rune.

"Oh shit! I forgot about it. I'll be there in no time." Her hand stroked through her hair in a form of comfort from all the stress that has been vibrating through her body. After ending the call, she finally headed out of her home.
______________

Upon reaching the office, later than usual. She met with two familiar faces in the parking lot. They were well dressed accordingly for the reunion party at her high school that was to be held after work. It had slipped her mind for a moment before she sighed and made her way into the office.

A few hours passed and the meeting went well even though Rune had thought about Aiden every now and then. Many hours passed before the party as the sun was setting and she needed to dress up.

In an attempt to not appear as broken as she felt, Rune untied her bun as her brown hair fell to the length of her back. She took off the blue blazer that she wore upon a cream, collared shirt. And was then ready to go.

While driving, she smelled a well-known scent. It had been the one with the fragrance of soil and blood. It was the scent she smelled when she hugged him in that villa. She felt dizzy like something was struggling to escape her mind. Just then...

Flashback:

"Guys, let's go inside. I think it's going to rain." The girl in shorts and a simple tee remarked.

"Same here." The girl wearing black clothing chimed in. "We should hurry."

"What's the rush? We're here. No one can stop us now." The lousy boy chimed in.

"You're right, but don't you think we could get cold. If I get cold then my eyes might swell up which I can't bear." The girl in the purple frock punched the boy playfully.

"Hey! How dare you beat me?" The lousy boy moved towards that girl when another boy who was known for his cute smile stepped in between the bantering friends.

"Hey, hey, stop!" He said as he pushed the lousy boy back.

"Yeah, please stop. Don't start a fight. I'm already scared." The boy in the pink sweatpants complained.

"Awww, don't be scared. We're all together." The twin girls chimed simultaneously.

"Yea, don't be scared. They're right. We're here, together." The girl in the shorts and tee then gathered them for a group hug.

"Oh.. I think that's enough for today." The girl in black took a step back out of the suffocating hug.

"Ok! if you say so, miss it's so cool." The girl with the frock sarcastically lifted up her hands, making air quotations with her fingers.

"Ah," the girl in black sighed as she folded her arms up.

"Ok guys, let's go." The girl with the shorts and tee commanded, "We can't just stand here on the steps."

"Who's going to be the first one up the top?" Everybody exclaimed on the top of their lungs.

- - - - - - - - -
Rune snapped back to reality as something came in front of her car. She pushed on the breaks with a sudden force. With a pounding heart and adrenaline moving through her veins, the car jolted to a harsh stop. Her head slamming onto the steering wheel with a brutal impact.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter

Don't forget to hit that dull star down there and make it glow ;)
- - - - - - - - - -

Who are those people Rune saw in the parking?

Who came in front of Rune'scar?

Who are those friends of Rune?

Where they went together?

Will Rune be able to make it to the party?