Alone

"Why? What's wrong?" You said, your voice raising an uncomfortable pitch, yet filled with worry. Mark, however, kept a solemn face, resting his hand on your shoulder.

"He.... He flew to his mothers.... He was making plans on seeing her. He didn't tell you?" Mark said, but his voice emanated confusion.

Shaking your head, you furrowed your brows. "Why didn't he tell me? Was he just gonna up and leave and have me worry? The hell?" You questions mainly to yourself, biting your bottom lip on concentration. What reason did he have to hide these details from you?

A sudden clicking sound entered your ears to your right, and the smell of freshly cooked bacon and roasted ham entered your nostrils.

You drooled slightly to the heavenly scent that danced around you.

Lifting your head up slowly, careful not to have the blood rush to your head and cause a great deal of dizziness, you glanced towards the cart that held the delicious food just waiting to be chewed up and swallowed.

Behind the cart was a woman clad in white material that reached down to her knees, strings hanging behind her with a blue shirt poking out of the edges. She had dark brown hair that was tied up in a tight pony tail, her eyes a deep brown, yet held glimmers of light that reflected off of her irises. Her skin was pale and quite beautiful, barely any markings and looked taken care of. She must have been at least in her 20's.

She dragged the cart over to your bed and moved it so it was aligned to your bed frame.

She picked up a tray and used her other hand to open a second part of the small table the tray was recently sitting upon. Once she finally pulled out the smaller table that hid underneath the larger one, she placed the tray upon it, your food presented to you. You looked up to the women's deep brown eyes, smiling politely and thanking her. She nodded with a soft grunt and walked out of your small room. Was she some type of nurse or something in your house?

You shrugged off the thought and glanced down to your food, ignoring Mark's attempts to gain your attention and speak to you. You were starving and nothing can beat food.

You grabbed your fork and knife and dug into the luxurious meal that is bacon and ham, sighing as the taste of both melted in your mouth and slid down your throat.

Once the plate in front of you was clean, you sat back and pushed the table away from you, your body feeling 10 times better after gulping down your meal.

Suddenly, Mark gripped your shoulder quite hard, meaning to get your attention, which this time, he actually did.

"Are you okay? You looked seriously hurt or something when we showed up here and now your acting just fine. I mean, what happened to you as far as you remember?"

You blinked, looking down in confusion to his question. Thinking about it, you really didn't know what happened. You just passed out, feeling weirdly cold. But it wasn't anything major, at least you hoped.

Your mind instantly went straight to Jack once more, worrying over him stupidly even though you knew he was fine. You should be worrying about yourself but instead you went straight to the situation that had almost no dangers attached to it. Jack just went to see his mother. Yet you had a horrible feeling in your stomach, and it only seemed to increase your worries.

You fumbled for you phone, moving your hand around every spot of your bed and floor.

"Looking for this?" You heard a deep voice say. It belonged to Mark. You snatched your loosely hanging phone from Mark's hands and went straight to messages. You clicked on Jacks name and quickly started typing.

Me: Hey, Jack. Are you okay? Where are you?

You knew it sounded weird, but that didn't matter to you. You just wanted to ease the feeling in your stomach as well as your worries.

It was a while before Jack finally texted, your phone vibrating and revealing his name.

Jack: Yeah. I'm fine. And I'm on a plane. Im off to see my mom. Sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I had to leave right then before I missed my flight. I should've texted you. Sorry. And, what's wrong?

You felt a surge of relief. Jack was fine. Nothing was wrong with him. You could feel at ease.

Me: It's okay. And sorry for the sudden questions. I know I sounded like a mom just then. But Mark said you were off to see your mom and I just wanted to make sure.

Jack: Oh okay. No need to worry. I should be back in about 10 days. I promised her a long stay since I haven't seen her in forever and she and I want to catch up on each other's lives. I'll tell her about you and how perfect and nice you are, don't worry~

He was gonna be gone for 10 days?! You understood, but you didn't know how you could handle it. It sounded stupid, but you were starting to really love being around that doofus. He treated you like a queen and you treated him the best he deserves.

Your mind then flashed to one single word.

Perfect.

He called you perfect? And he was planning on telling his own mother about how "perfect" you are? You felt extremely flustered and giddy yet terrified at what his mom was gonna think of you. Plus, it didn't sound like they were that close since she lives so far away and her son is still in school, living by himself. But, who were you to judge? Maybe he chose this life and just wants to live on his own and get a taste of life early, maybe he just wants some privacy. You had to let it be and stop being a total creep.

Sighing, you typed a simple, "Okay" and turned off your phone and placed it next to you. He was okay, and he will be back in 10 days. Mark tried talking to you once again, the Swede being completely quiet the whole time, but your mind was stuck on the concept of Jack's leave.

This was going to be a long 10 days, alone.