The First Time In A Long Time

I drove Gibbs out to the office during our lunch break. He sighed when we pulled up. "Leave your weapon in the car," i said. I had seen him grab it as I walked to the elevator.
"This isn't going to be easy for you. And please forgive me for not saying anything sooner," I said as we walked up. "What is going on, Bishop?" He asked as we approached the small shed. I turned back to look at him as I unlocked the door. I slowly opened it as not to startle the person I knew was waiting inside. Gibbs stepped a little closer.
I gave a weak smile to the woman before me as I stepped in, Gibbs following. When he stepped in, he looked like he had just seen the biggest shock of his life. It probably was the biggest shock of his life.
The room was silent, and you could cut the tension with a knife. It stayed like this for several moments until Ziva spoke. "Gibbs," Ziva Lernout quietly. Gibbs moves forward so he was right in front of her. He reached up and carefully rested his hand on her cheek. This was one of the most caring things Gibbs did. I remembered having a similar moment with him when he returned from Paraguay. However this reunion was years overdue.
"It has been a long time," Ziva said. Gibbs flashed a small smile. "Agent David, you have a lot of explaining to do," Gibbs said. I noticed them both smile.
The three of us sat down. Ziva did the most talking. Gibbs would occasionally make a comment, but stuck to his usual  nod. And I just listened.
"When the fire started, I got Tali to the farthest part of the house and I escaped out the back. I got out of the country as soon as I could on my fake passport. I had a whole backup cover so I wouldn't be discovered. I made it to the US and stayed low for a while. I eventually received word that Kort was dead. But I knew I still wasn't safe. I kept digging with what resources I had. I visited this office at night, and slept in a small apartment under a false name. I found that Kort had a partner. He didn't talk to him enough for it to be noticed, but he was there. Until you find him, it won't be safe for me to come out of hiding. Can you help me Gibbs?" She asked, explaining everything that had happened since she faked her death. Gibbs agreed and we left the little office. "How long did you know about this?" He asked me. "A week or so," I said. "I'm calling McGee and telling him we got an anonymous tip about this guy," Gibbs said, dialing McGees number on his flip phone. I drove Gibbs to his house and continued on to the office.
"We've received a tip involving Trent Kort," Gibbs said when everyone was in the office. "Trent Kort is dead. We watched Tony kill him," Tim said. "He had a partner," I said. "That's impossible," Vance said. "Apparently not," Gibbs replied. "We are going to find this guy and he's never going to see the light of day again," I said. We immediately got to work tracking down Carlton Taylor.
A/N- I know it's rly short but I'm rly busy with school. But spring break is soon so I should be writing more during that week. Pls understand